Abandoned pet quotes can be both sad and inspirational. They can remind us of the love that pets can bring into our lives, and also of the pain of losing them. Here are some of our favorite quotes about abandoned pets.
1. “Be like a duck, paddling and working very hard inside the water, but what everyone sees is a smiling and calm face. “- Manoj Arora.
2. “I love animals, sometimes more than people, because they don’t judge. All they want is love.”- H.J. Lawson, ‘War Kids’, 2014.
3. “Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.” ― Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette.
4. “I believe all animals were created by God to help keep man alive.”– Iwao Fujita.
5. “When you look into the eyes of an animal you’ve rescued, you can’t help but fall in love.” — Paul Shaffer
6. “If you don’t own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.”– Roger A. Caras.
7. “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”– Charles De Gaulle.
8. “Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job.”– Franklin P. Jones.
9. “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.”― A.A. Milne.
10. “If animals spoke, humanity would cry.”― Manuj Rajput.
11. “Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”― Irene M. Pepperberg.
12. “Sometimes, your pet picks you.”– Julie Wenzel.
13. “Love the animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled.”- Fyodor Dostoevsky.
14. “Everything pales in comparison to the deer.”- Bill Vaughan.
15. “My little dog—a heartbeat at my feet.”- Edith Wharton.
16. “There’s something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.”- Winston Churchill.
17. “A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot.”- John Steinbeck.
18. “One cat just leads to another.”– Ernest Hemingway.
19. “The smallest feline is a masterpiece.”– Leonardo da Vinci.
19. “I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.”- Hippolyte Taine
20. “A cat doesn’t care if you are smart or dumb, give him your heart and he will give you his.”- Abraham Lincoln.
21. “Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”- Karen Devison.
22. “Whoever declared that love at first sight doesn’t exist has never witnessed the purity of a puppy or looked deep into a puppy’s eyes. If they did, their lives would change considerably.”- Elizabeth Parker.
23. A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.- Josh Billings.
24. “Dogs’ lives are too short…their only fault, really.”- Agnes Sligh Turnbull.
25. “[Dogs] never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation.”– Jerome K. Jerome.
26. “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.”– John Grogan.
27. “You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.”– W. Bruce Cameron.
28. “The poor dog in life is the firmest friend. The first to welcome, the foremost to defend.”– Lord Byron.
29. “If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”- Will Rogers.
30. “Dogs are our link to paradise.”- Milan Kundera.
31. “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.”- Anatole France.
32. “It’s a small thing to help one animal, but to that one animal it’s a big thing.”- Gene Baur.
33. “If we could read the minds of animals, we would find only truths.”- Anthony Douglas Williams
34. “Before you get a dog, you can’t quite imagine what living with one might be like; afterward, you can’t imagine living any other way.”- Caroline Knapp.
35. “Buy a pup and your money will buy Love unflinching that cannot lie”-Rudyard Kipling, ‘The Power Of The Dog’.
36. “…All I can do is believe you will keep on being the warm vaulting life, ravelled round mine, although I may never hold you.”- Polly Atkin, ‘Rabbit In The Morning’.
37. “Great big tongue that licks my face Has a crate, his very own space Big brown eyes like moon pies He’s my friend till the very end!”- Abby Jenkins, ‘My Best Friend’.
38. “Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.”- Kinky Friedman.
39. “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.”– Mark Twain.
40. “I care not for a man’s religion whose dog and cat are not better for it.”– Abraham Lincoln.
41. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”― M.K. Clinton.
42. “It’s just the most amazing thing to love a dog, isn’t it? It makes our relationships with people seem as boring as a bowl of oatmeal.”-John Grogan.
43. “I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.”-Jules Verne.
44.“I really love pets. They’re like children. They know if you really love them or not. You can’t fool them.”– Donna Douglas.
45. “Pets have more love and compassion in them than most humans.”– Robert Wagner.
46. “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.”– Orhan Pamuk.
47. “Every stray deserves a chance at love, a home and a warm bed to sleep at night.”- Penny Reid, ‘The Player and The Pixie’, 2016.
48. “After we bring food home from the grocery store… Dogs must think we are the greatest hunters ever!”- Ann Taylor.
49. “A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down.”– Robert Benchley.
50. “I’ve really become super active in rescuing animals, and it has made my life feel so much better. I can’t even express to you how happy it has made me.” — Carrie Ann Inaba
In conclusion, it is evident that people who have pets tend to be happier and healthier. Pets provide us with companionship, love, and laughter. They help us to cope with difficult times and to celebrate the good times. If you are considering adopting a pet, please visit your local animal shelter. You may just find your new best friend.
Finally, these abandoned pet quotes show the resilience and hope of these animals. They have been through so much, but they continue to love and be loved. We can all learn from their example and be inspired by their strength in the face of adversity.