In the world of business, home ownership, and even personal development, the concept of inspection holds a profound significance. From offering valuable insights into the condition of a property to providing a metaphor for self-reflection, inspections play a crucial role in our lives.
But what if we could glean wisdom and inspiration from quotes about inspections? Imagine unlocking the power of succinct yet impactful words that encapsulate the essence of thorough scrutiny and evaluation.
1. Quality comes not from inspection, but from improvement of the production process.—W. Edwards Deming
2. Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty.—Tacitus
3. A careful inspection showed them that, even if they succeeded in righting it by themselves, the cart would travel no longer. The axles were in a hopeless state, and the missing wheel was shattered into pieces.—Kenneth Grahame
4. A failure will not appear until a unit has passed final inspection.—Arthur Bloch
5. Inspection with the aim of finding the bad ones and throwing them out is too late, ineffective, and costly. Quality comes not from inspection but from improvement of the process.—W. Edwards Deming
6. A close inspection discovers an empirical impossibility to be inherent in the idea of evolution.—Nils Heribert-Nilsson
7. We cannot rely on mass inspection to improve quality, though there are times when 100 percent inspection is necessary. As Harold S. Dodge said many years ago, ‘You cannot inspect quality into a product.‘ The quality is there or it isn’t by the time it’s inspected.—W. Edwards Deming
8. The purpose of the UN mechanism, this inspection mechanism, is not to engage in a cat and mouse game with Saddam Hussein and try to find weapons that the Iraqi government is working on concealing.—Douglas J. Feith
9. Had the United States not acted in Iraq, Libyan leader Muammar Qadhafi would likely not have declared his weapons programs, submitted to international inspections and voluntarily dismantled its programs.—Jim Gerlach
10. The key to making the inspections work is the Iraqi government making the crucial decision that because of the international pressure Iraq has to disarm itself.—Douglas J. Feith
11. On close inspection, this device turned out to be a funereal juke box – the result of mixing Lloyd’s of London with the principle of the chewing gum dispenser.—Cecil Beaton
12. It’s exciting that you’ve got an entire season to experience 24 hours of highly dramatically charged human experience. It allows for the close inspection of minutiae in behaviour.—Xander Berkeley
13. I’d rather hang out with five people that I love than with 400 strangers at a club who are all doing the up-and-down inspection thing. They appraise everybody from head to toe – the outfit, the handbag, the shoes, how much they weigh… I can’t stand it!—Sophia Bush
14. But I’ve sure worked at jobs where I have been under inspection.—Jack Vance
15. The world has become uglier since it began to look into a mirror every day; so let us settle for the mirror image and do without an inspection of the original.—Karl Kraus
16. In addition, it is very likely that United States action in Iraq caused Iran to open its nuclear facilities for international inspection and suspend its uranium enrichment activities.—Jim Gerlach
- Appropriate Size: The Wood Box sign measures 5.1 x 5.1 inches and 1.2 inch deep, thick enough to freely stand on its own or hang on a wall, perfect for desk accessory or put on shelf.
- Premium Material: This high-quality wooden box sign is made of paulownia wood, solid wood printing. It's light-weight, safe, sturdy, durable to use and hard to be damaged that will easily bright up your home decoration, bring a warming, charming finish to your home.
- Easy to Use: This decorative wooden box requires no accessories and can be placed smoothly on a flat surface. It is great for home, farmhouse, office coffee bar kitchen bathroom decor for desks, dining tables, baskets, shelves and more.
- Rustic Desk Decor: Rustic wooden decor for men or women, inspirational farmhouse decor, cubicle wall decor art, it will add charm to your home, office, desk, classroom, cubicle, or shelf. Ideal Decor for your: Bathroom, Classroom, Inspirational, Bedroom, counseling office, dorm.
- Good Choice for Gift: This art decoration box sign can not only be given to family, friends, colleagues, children, etc., but also as a great gift to yourself. It is a perfect gift for daily home decoration, seasonal decor, housewarming gift, wedding day, anniversary, Birthday, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving etc.
- Size: The size of Inspirational Quotes Self-love Wall Art product is 16x24inch/40x60cm
- Quality: MRS Art's factory uses high-definition printing technology and high-quality canvas materials, and the ink used for printing is environmentally friendly ink, which is not easy to fade and waterproof. Every product is manually inspected.
- About the Frame: Motivational Phrases Women Portrait Wall Decor are just posters, and the frame needs to be prepared by the buyer. It is recommended to purchase an embedded framework.
- Wall Decoration - Abstract Flower Women Wall Art products are suitable for home decoration, you can hang it in the bedroom, living room, study, stairway, corridor and other places to make your room create a different style.
- Service: MRS Art's product quality and packaging are strictly controlled. If you have any questions, you can send an email to communicate at any time. I believe MRS Art will give you a satisfactory answer.
- Publications, Black Forest (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 108 Pages - 06/27/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Publishing, ProData (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 106 Pages - 10/07/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Publishing, Storm (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 151 Pages - 08/21/2022 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
17. We were wise indeed, could we discern truly the signs of our own time; and by knowledge of its wants and advantages, wisely adjust our own position in it. Let us, instead of gazing idly into the obscure distance, look calmly around us, for a little, on the perplexed scene where we stand. Perhaps, on a more serious inspection, something of its perplexity will disappear, some of its distinctive characters and deeper tendencies more clearly reveal themselves; whereby our own relations to it, our own true aims and endeavors in it, may also become clearer.—Thomas Carlyle
18. The inspections started in 1991, right after the Gulf War. One of the conditions for the ceasefire was that Iraq had to do away with all of its weapons of mass destruction – biological, chemical and nuclear weapons and long-range missiles.—Hans Blix
19. Although Customs and Border Protection analyzes cargo and other information to target specific shipments for closer inspection, it still physically inspects only a small fraction of the containers under its purview.—Mike Fitzpatrick
20. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.—Nancy Pelosi
21. These vessels are out of sight, out of mind. They are exempt from minimum-wage requirements, from Coast Guard inspections, OSHA regulations and other safety laws.—Steve Finley
22. Even granting that the genius subjected to the test of critical inspection emerges free from all error, we should consider that everything he has discovered in a given domain is almost nothing in comparison with what is left to be discovered.—Santiago Ramon y Cajal
23. By rights, satire is a lonely and introspective occupation, for nobody can describe a fool to the life without much patient self-inspection.—Frank Moore Colby
24. I think it’s fantastic when the young enrage their elders. I really do believe that if it’s too loud, you are indeed too old, and that if it has been standing for too long, it needs a thorough inspection.—Henry Rollins
25. Odd that the future should be so difficult to bring into focus when the past, uninvited, offered itself up so easily for inspection.—Richard Russo
26. Cease dependence on inspection to achieve quality. Eliminate the need for inspection on a mass basis by building quality into the product in the first place.—W. Edwards Deming
27. Now let me be clear – I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He’s a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.—Barack Obama
28. The more powerful a person or institution is, the more transparent – open to public inspection or oversight – its activities should be. The less powerful, the less transparent.—George Scialabba
29. The big bang, the most cataclysmic event we can imagine, on closer inspection appears finely orchestrated.—George Smoot
30. It often turns out on closer inspection that acts of apparent altruism are really selfishness in disguise.—Richard Dawkins
31. The student of Nature wonders the more and is astonished the less, the more conversant he becomes with her operations; but of all the perennial miracles she offers to his inspection, perhaps the most worthy of admiration is the development of a plant or of an animal from its embryo.—Thomas Huxley
32. I went from one to the other holding my sorrow – no, not my sorrow but the incomprehensible nature of this our life – for their inspection. Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends, I to my own heart, I to seek among phrases and fragments something unbroken – I to whom there is no beauty enough in moon or tree; to whom the touch of one person with another is all, yet who cannot grasp even that, who am so imperfect, so weak, so unspeakably lonely.—Virginia Woolf
33. As an integral part of the Department of Agriculture, the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service monitors our Nation’s agriculture to protect against agricultural pests and diseases.—Mike Rogers
34. Young people live in a society in which every institution becomes an “inspection regime” – recording, watching, gathering information and storing data.—Henry Giroux
35. Look may be that everything is right, it is always best to have an inspection before marching. To forget a screw, if you have a loose one, and only discover your loss when you are miles from home and the view before you is “perfect”, is to promote, possibly suicide, certainly profanity.—Henry Peach Robinson
36. The U.S. has perverted the U.N. weapons process by using it as a tool to justify military actions, falsely so. … The U.S. was using the inspection process as a trigger for war.—Scott Ritter
37. To speak only of food inspections: the United States currently imports 80% of its seafood, 32% of its fruits and nuts, 13% of its vegetables, and 10% of its meats. In 2007, these foods arrived in 25,000 shipments a day from about 100 countries. The FDA was able to inspect about 1% of these shipments, down from 8% in 1992. In contrast, the USDA is able to inspect 16% of the foods under its purview. By one assessment, the FDA has become so short-staffed that it would take the agency 1,900 years to inspect every foreign plant that exports food to the United States.—Marion Nestle
38. Perfection I’ve lived with the pretense of perfection for seventeen years. Give my room a cursory inspection, you’d think I have OCD. But it’s only habit and not obsession that keeps it all orderly. Of course, I don’t want to give the impression that it’s all up to me.—Ellen Hopkins
39. And in this curious state I had the realization, at the moment of seeing that stranger there, that I was a person like everybody else. That I was known by my actions and words, that my internal universe was unavailable for inspection by others. They didn’t know. They didn’t know, because I never told them.—Kim Stanley Robinson
40. We are hidiously rich Annabelle– and I’ve got three older brothers, all unmarried. Would you consider one of them? If you like, I’ll have one shipped across the Atlantic for your inspection.” -Lillian Bowman—Lisa Kleypas
41. The most intelligent inspection of any number of fine paintings will not make the observer a painter, nor will listening to a number of operas make the hearer a musician, but good judges of music and painting may so be formed. Chess differs from these. The intelligent perusal of fine games cannot fail to make the reader a better player and a better judge of the play of others.—Emanuel Lasker
42. An inspection of the Constitution will show that the right of property in a slave in not “distinctly and expressly affirmed” in it.—Abraham Lincoln
43. On closer inspection, the hero status accorded to Abraham, Moses and David in the Old Testament (and echoed in the New Testament) is rooted not in their moral perfection but in their uncompromising dedication to the cause of Yahweh and their rugged trust in the promises of God rather than lapsing into the idolatry of many of their contemporaries.—Paul Copan
44. What kind of knife is this?” Locke held a rounded buttering utensil up for Chains’ inspection. “It’s all wrong. You couldn’t kill anyone with this.—Scott Lynch
45. Unlike South Africa, which decided on its own to eliminate its nuclear weapons and welcomed inspection as a means of creating confidence in its disarmament, Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance – not even today – of the disarmament, which was demanded of it and which it needs to carry out to win the confidence of the world and to live in peace.—Hans Blix
46. I think the danger right now is that without effective inspections, without effective monitoring, Iraq can in a very short period of time measured in months, reconstitute chemical and biological weapons, long-range ballistic missiles to deliver these weapons, and even certain aspects of their nuclear weaponization program.—Scott Ritter
47. It looked something like a pen wiper and something like a piece of hearth-rug. A second and keener inspection revealed it as a Pekinese puppy.—P. G. Wodehouse
48. On close inspection, we shall find that religion, and not fear, has ever been the cause of the long-lived prosperity of an absolute government.—Alexis de Tocqueville
49. The phenomena of nature, especially those that fall under the inspection of the astronomer, are to be viewed, not only with the usual attention to facts as they occur, but with the eye of reason and experience.—William Herschel
50. Personal inspection at zero altitude. The stories come from my life – if not my own experiences, then about topics and subjects that interest me.—Gary Paulsen
We hope you found these quotes to be inspiring and motivating. you can feel free to leave any comments below! Thanks for reading!