Night photography is a type of photography that captures the sky and its surrounding environment when illuminated by moonlight, starlight, or artificial light sources. It is an art form that can be used to capture beautiful moments in time, but it also requires unique skills and techniques. Night photography quotes and sayings offer insight into the practice of night photography and provide inspiration for those wishing to explore this particular genre. Whether you are a beginner who needs some motivation to get started or an experienced photographer looking for new ideas, these inspirational quotes will help you find the right words.
From descriptions of the beauty of night skies to wise advice on how to prepare your shots, these night photography quotes have something for everyone.
Night Photography Quotes And Sayings
1. “I like the night. Without the dark, we’d never see the stars.” – Stephenie Meyer
2. “The deeper the grief, the closer is God!” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
3. “The night is the hardest time to be alive and 4 am knows all my secrets.” – Poppy Z. Brite
4. “The camera is an excuse to be someplace you otherwise don’t belong. It gives me both a point of connection and a point of separation.” – Susan Meiselas
5. “Life is like a camera. Just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot.” – Unknown
6. “Photography for me is not looking, it’s feeling. If you can’t feel what you’re looking at, then you’re never going to get others to feel anything when they look at your pictures.” – Don McCullin
7. “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.” – Edward Weston
The subject matter is so much more important than the photographer.” – Gordon Parks
8. “To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event.” – Henri Cartier-Bresson
9. “I walk, I look, I see, I stop, I photograph.” – Leon Levinstein
10. “This is night, Diddykins. That’s what we call it when it goes all dark like this.” – J.K. Rowling
11. “A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen
12. “Photography is a kind of virtual reality, and it helps if you can create the illusion of being in an interesting world.” – Steven Pinker
13. “Your photography is a record of your living, for anyone who really sees.” – Paul Strand
14. “Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” – Edgar Allan Poe
15. “I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” – Sarah Williams
16. “How did it get so late so soon?” – Dr. Seuss
17. “The darker the night, the brighter the stars,
18. “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” – Mahatma Gandhi
19. “What hath night to do with sleep?” – John Milton
20. “It’s one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it’s another thing to make a portrait of who they are.” – Paul Caponigro
21. “The best thing about a picture is that it never changes, even when the people in it do.” – Andy Warhol
22. “Most things in life are moments of pleasure and a lifetime of embarrassment; photography is a moment of embarrassment and a lifetime of pleasure.” – Tony Benn
23. “It is more important to click with people than to click the shutter.” – Alfred Eisenstaedt
24. “I like to photograph anyone before they know what their best angles are.” – Ellen Von Unwerth
25. “Great photography is about the depth of feeling, not the depth of field.” – Peter Adams
26. “You can’t stand up to the night until you understand what’s hiding in its shadows.” –
Charles De Lint
27. “The night is a skin pulled over the head of day that the day may be in torment.” – Djuna Barnes
28. “A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” – Oscar Wilde
29. “Night has brought to those who sleep, only dreams they can not keep.” – Enya
30. “Right before ‘American Dreams,’ I started to pursue these avenues, like short films and getting into a couple of night courses to really study photography and cinematography, and the language of visual storytelling.” – Tom Verica
31. “My father taught me photography. It was his hobby, and we had a small darkroom in the fruit cellar of our basement. It was the kind of makeshift darkroom that was only dark at night.” – Sam Abell
32. “I don’t trust words. I trust pictures.” – Gilles Peress
33. “It is more important to click with people than to click the shutter.” – Alfred Eisenstaedt
34. “Taking pictures is like tiptoeing into the kitchen late at night and stealing Oreo cookies.” – Diane Arbus
35. “If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.” – Robert Capa
36. “Black and white are the colors of photography. To me, they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected.” – Robert Frank
37. “There’s something strange and powerful about black-and-white imagery.” – Stefan Kanfer
38.. “Photography for me is not looking, it’s feeling. If you can’t feel what you’re looking at, then you’re never going to get others to feel anything when they look at your pictures.” – Don McCullin
39. “Why do we use flash at all? Because photography is not the same as eyesight. We can see in low-light situations where cameras, dependent upon a physical process to record visual information, are half-blind.” – David Hewson
40. “A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart, and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective.” – Irving Penn
41. “Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph.” – Matt Hardy
42. “When people look at my pictures I want them to feel the way they do when they want to read a line of a poem twice.” – Robert Frank
43. “My life is shaped by the urgent need to wander and observe, and my camera is my passport.” – Steve McCurry
44. “Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.” – Yousuf Karsh
“All I need is a moonless night”
“All I need is a moonless night” is the perfect words to describe the beauty and tranquility of night photography. At night, when everything else around us falls silent, there is nothing quite like capturing the stars in all their glory. If you’re looking for inspiring quotes or sayings about night photography, look no further than this one. It encapsulates the joy that comes with going out and photographing the sky on a clear evening – without a bright moon lighting up your shots.
For photographers who love to take pictures of nature during twilight hours, this quote speaks volumes. Without any interference from artificial light sources or from the moon itself, it becomes possible to capture stunning images of starry skies and breathtaking views of landscapes in darkness.
“The night sky, a perfect canvas”
The night sky is a magnificent sight to behold, and it’s no wonder that many photographers have used it as inspiration for their work. This article will explore some of the best quotes about night photography and the awe-inspiring beauty of the stars above us.
“The night sky, a perfect canvas” perfectly describes why so many photographers are drawn to capturing its beauty at night. The possibilities are endless when you take your camera outside after dark – from starry landscapes to shooting meteor showers or auroras, each moment in time can be captured with stunning results. Not only does this quote capture the stillness and serenity of nighttime photography but also how it can be used as an artist’s canvas to create something truly breathtaking.
“A sea of stars, an endless journey”
Night photography has long been a popular and captivating form of art. With its often mysterious and awe-inspiring scenes, night photography can capture beauty in the darkness. The quote “A sea of stars, an endless journey” perfectly encapsulates the appeal and potential of night photography. It conveys the idea that, through this art form, a photographer can embark on an adventure to discover wondrous new sights and explore unknown corners of the universe. From capturing breathtaking star trails to discovering hidden galaxies in deep space images, night photographers have all kinds of exciting possibilities available to them. Whether they’re longing for adventure or simply looking for inspiration, these words offer something meaningful to rely on during their journeys into the darkness.
“The beauty of the night, beyond words”
Night photography is a unique form of art, and no one knows this better than the photographers who capture the beauty of night scenes.
captures this sentiment perfectly: “The beauty of the night, beyond words”. This quote speaks to how difficult it can be to accurately express the allure of night photography in words alone.
The fascinating thing about night photography is that it brings out elements that often remain unseen during daylight hours. By capturing these beautiful moments at night, photographers are able to tell stories with light and shadows like never before. Photographers can bring alive the stillness of a moonlit landscape or capture an ethereal quality in both urban and rural environments with their lens.
“The beauty of the night, beyond words” encapsulates just how magical these nighttime scenes appear when viewed through a camera lens.
“The darkness reveals more than light”
Night photography is a type of photography that captures the beauty and mystery of the night. It’s an art form that has been practiced by professionals and amateurs alike for centuries, and one that continues to captivate viewers with its unique take on light. Quote 5: “The darkness reveals more than light” is attributed to renowned photographer Ansel Adams, who dedicated his life to capturing the beauty of nature at all hours of the day.
Adams believed that photographing in low-light or no-light conditions imbued each image with a sense of mystery and depth that couldn’t be achieved when taking photos during daylight hours. He was known for his ability to turn even the darkest scenes into works of art, emphasizing shadows and silhouettes instead of focusing solely on illuminated subjects.
The night’s magic is something that has been sought out and captured by photographers for centuries. It has been described in many ways, ranging from inspiring to mysterious to awe-inspiring. Night photography quotes and sayings have become an integral part of the art form, helping photographers capture the beauty of the night sky, the stars, and everything else that glitters in the dark.
In conclusion, night photography can be a difficult endeavor requiring patience and skill to capture its natural beauty. However, with practice and dedication comes artistic reward – capturing beautiful moments during these twilight hours that can serve as reminders of how magical they truly are. All it takes is a keen eye and an open heart – both willing to embrace night’s captivating mystery!