Family is one of the most important aspects of life. It can be a powerful source of support, comfort, and love throughout our lives. Unfortunately, in some cases family relationships can become strained or even broken due to differences in opinions or lifestyle choices. This article explores quotes about disowning family from notable figures who have either experienced this type of situation or feel strongly about it. It provides insight into the complexities of family dynamics and how people cope with these difficult decisions.
Top 30 Quotes About Disowning Family
Table of Contents
1. “There is no such thing as a broken family. Family is family and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut.” – C Joybell C
2. “Family is the most important part of our life no matter what we can always count on it.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
3. “You leave home to seek your fortune and, when you get it, you go home and share it with your family.” – Anita Baker
4. “And,” added Mikey. “she’s my sister.”The others looked at him for a moment, and broke out laughing.”Yeah, yeah,” Squirrel scoffed, “and the McGill is my cousin.”Now Allie burst out laughing, which made Mikey more annoyed.”If the McGill was your cousin,” Mikey said, “I can guarantee he’d disown you.” – Neal Shusterman
5. “I am trying hard to keep my Australian accent. My mom would disown me if I didn’t” – Maia Mitchell
6. “I missed you every minute this week and I don’t want to spend another day without you. If my mom disowns me for being with a vampire, then that’s her decision, but I’ve made mine, and I won’t apologize or back down from it.” – Jeaniene Frost
7. “I was a fool!” Percy roared, so loudly that Lupin nearly dropped his photograph. “I was an idiot, I was a pompous prat, I was a – a -” “Ministry-loving, family-disowning, power-hungry
moron,” said Fred. Percy swallowed. “Yes, I was!” “Well, you can’t say fairer than that,” said Fred, holding out his hand to Percy.” – J. K. Rowling
8. “No kid in the world, no woman in the world should ever raise a hand against a no-good daddy. That’s already been taken care of: A Man Who Destroys His Own Home Shall Inherit the Wind.” – Dick Gregory
9. “Sometimes the best families are the ones God builds using unexpected pieces of our hearts.” – Melanie Shankle
10. Disowning and emancipating are not the same. Emancipation is a legal process to leave your child. But disowning without any notice and support is the best practice. No one should do this actually.
11.“My dad is a loving person. He would never disown me. At some point, we will be together again. I love my father, and he loves me.” – Mosab Hassan Yousef
12. “People love the idea of a good girl gone bad, thinking that my parents were so strict and disowned me, but that actually wasn’t the case. Even though they don’t necessarily agree with some of the things I do, they love me as their daughter. That’s always been their perspective.” – Katy Perry
13. “There’s actually 14 in our family, but we disowned the others.” – Caroline Corr
14. “Too many children have suffered. Too many families have been broken. Too many girls have grown up alone. Or not at all. I won’t let them ruin anyone else.” – K.A. Wiggins
15. “Before I was born my father disowned me. You know those ones who get the females pregnant, and then say the baby is not theirs? He rejected me, told my mother that I am not his child, so I never had a relationship with my father. Shelton ‘Apples’ Burrows reform gang leader” – Drexel Deal
16. “Family isn’t about sharing the same genetics, That’s being related, Family is when you love someone to death, and You would do anything for them, You trust them, Take care of them, And in return, they do the same. Its the type of bond you hold together.” – Tanya Bianco
17. “Our family is a circle of strength and love…Our family with every birth and every union the circle grows, our family is a circle of strength every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger.” – Harriet Morgan
18. “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” – Unknown
19. “No matter what you’ve done for yourself or for humanity, if you can’t look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?” – Elbert Hubbard
20. “Family… Like branches on a tree, our lives may grow in different directions but our roots will stay as one!” – Unknown
21. “Be great, make the best life for your family!” – Soulja Boy
22. “The greatest legacy one can pass on to one’s children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one’s life, but rather a legacy of character and faith.” – Billy Graham
23. “The secret of happy home life is that members of the family learn to give and receive love.” – Billy Graham
24. “A cripple, likewise, an accomplice and noisy, have I not shouted among the stones? Consequently, I strive to forget, I walk in our cities of iron and fire, I smile bravely at the night, I hail the storms, I shall be faithful. I have forgotten, in truth: active and deaf, henceforth. But perhaps someday, when we are ready to die of exhaustion and ignorance, I shall be able to disown our garish tombs and go and stretch out in the valley, under the same light, and learn for the last time what I know.” – Albert Camus
25. “Give me neither poverty nor riches but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, “Who is the Lord?” Or I may become poor and steal and so dishonor the name of my God.” – Unknown
26. “People exiled in the past and disowning the present may build the wealth but not the future.” – Unknown
27. “This is an inevitable and easily recognizable stage in every revolutionary movement: reformers must expect to be disowned by those who are only too happy to enjoy what has been won for them.” – Doris Lessing
28. “I remain faithful to my basic beliefs,” said Pangloss, “because, in the end, I remain a philosopher. It wouldn’t be right for me to disown myself.” – Voltaire
29. “We’re family,” Alyss said. Redd snorted. “Is that supposed to mean something?”Family,” Alyss said again, trying to convince herself more than Redd. Don’t talk to me about family! You were never disowned by your parents!”I’d rather have been disowned by them then see them murdered.” – Frank Beddor
30. “You cannot disown what is yours. Flung out, there is always the return, the reckoning, the revenge, perhaps the reconciliation. There is always the return. And the wound will take you there.” – Jeanette Winterson
Why is Family Important Quotes
Family is an integral part of life and serves as a source of comfort, love and support. It is important to surround ourselves with positive influences and to live in harmony and balance with our family members. That is why quotes about family can be so meaningful. They capture the essence of what it means to be part of a family unit and remind us of the importance of cherishing those special relationships.
What is a Family Quotes
Family is one of the most powerful forces in our lives. It shapes who we are and how we interact with the world around us. People often turn to words to find solace and inspiration when it comes to family and its importance in our lives. This article will explore some of the best quotes about family, from a variety of sources, that express the joys, challenges, and emotions that come with being part of a family.
Quotes About Family Ups and Downs
Family is one of the most important elements in life, and it often comes with both ups and downs. Although family dynamics can be complex, quotes about family can help provide insight into the joys and struggles that come with any family situation. This article will explore a variety of quotes about the highs and lows of familial relationships. From funny to serious, these quotes are sure to reflect a range of emotions that many families have experienced.
Finally, disowning family members is an extremely difficult decision to make. It often means cutting off contact with people who have been a part of your life for years and sometimes even decades. Quotes about disowning family members can help provide comfort, understanding and perspective for those who are struggling with the decision. They can also help us develop compassion for those who have chosen to disown their families.