Happiness is a state of life where you will find the utmost enjoyment of your life. Some people are bored with their life. They are leading an unhappy life. So, a different state of a boring life is happiness or happy life.
You have to keep in mind that happiness does not have any scale to measure. It totally depends on the person’s feelings.
Some people are happy with only less money and a small apartment. But there are some other people who are still finding their happiness after achieving huge money and fame too.
So, we can say that happiness is different for different people. But one thing about happiness is the same for all. And that is happiness quotes.
Happiness quotes are all universal and evergreen. For this reason, these happiness quotes work for all in the same way.
100 Happiness Quotes:
Table of Contents
1. “Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.”– Ayn Rand
2. “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.”– Anne Frank
3. “I have only two kinds of days: happy and hysterically happy.”– Allen J. Lefferdink
4. “You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.”– Albert Camus
5. “Whoever is happy will make others happy.” – Anne Frank
6. “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.”– Epicurus
7. “Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.”– Helen Keller
8. “Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable, than risk being happy.”– Robert Anthony
9. “Our capacity to draw happiness from aesthetic objects or material goods in fact seems critically dependent on our first satisfying a more important range of emotional or psychological needs, among them the need for understanding, for love, expression and respect.”– Alain De Botton
10. “The true secret of happiness lies in the taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.”– William Morris
11. “The greatest happiness you can have is knowing that you do not necessarily require happiness.”– William Saroyan
12. “People should find happiness in the little things, like family.”– Amanda Bynes
13. “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” – Aristotle
14. “As people spin faster and faster in the pursuit of merely personal happiness, they become exhausted in the futile effort of chasing themselves.”– Andrew Delbanco
15. “All happiness or unhappiness solely depends upon the quality of the object to which we are attached by love.”– Baruch Spinoza
16. “Happiness consists more in conveniences of pleasure that occur everyday than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom.”– Benjamin Franklin
17. “Happiness is not an ideal of reason, but of imagination.”– Immanuel Kant
18. “To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.”– Bertrand Russell
19. “A great obstacle to happiness is to expect too much happiness.” – Bernard de Fontenelle
Top 50 Happiness Quotes That Will Make You Be Happy. You can see the Video
20. “To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.”– Buddha
21. “There is some kind of a sweet innocence in being human—in not having to be just happy or just sad—in the nature of being able to be both broken and whole, at the same time.”– C. JoyBell C.
22. “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.”– Carl Jung
23. “The secret of happiness is freedom, the secret of freedom is courage.”– Carrie Jones
24. “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” – Charles Spurgeon
25. “There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort.”– Charlotte Bronte
26. “If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.”– Chinese Proverb
27. “The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open.”– Chuck Palahniuk
Perfect happiness quotes:
What we mean by the word perfect is not perfect for all. Actually, perfection varies from person to person. Perfect happiness quotes also vary. But if you want to suggest any perfect quote for your life then I will recommend you to find some quotes which work better for you.
If you think you are in a gloomy mood and you are just finding sadness everywhere then you need some optimistic happiness quotes.
In the same way, if you are thinking that you are in need of some inspiration then you can read or listen to some inspirational quotes. What you need is perfect for you at that time.
28. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
29. “Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.”– Cynthia Nelms
30. “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.”– Dale Carnegie
31. “People are unhappy when they get something too easily. You have to sweat – that’s the only moral they know.”– Dany Laferrière
32. “We can’t control the world. We can only (barely) control our own reactions to it. Happiness is largely a choice, not a right or entitlement.”– David C. Hill
33. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.”– Denis Waitley
34. “Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.”– Earl Nightingale
35. “If only we’d stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time.”– Edith Wharton
36. “The essence of philosophy is that a man should so live that his happiness shall depend as little as possible on external things.”– Epictetus
37. “The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness.”– Eric Hoffer
38. “Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
39. “My family didn’t have a lot of money, and I’m grateful for that. Money is the longest route to happiness.”– Evangeline Lilly
40. “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.”– Franklin D. Roosevelt
41. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”– Frederick Keonig
42. “There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.”– Freya Stark
43. “Happiness is a place between too much and too little.” – Finnish proverb
44. “Give a man health and a course to steer, and he’ll never stop to trouble about whether he’s happy or not.”– George Bernard Shaw
45. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.”– George Burns
46. “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.”– George Sand
47. “How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now, and there will never be a time when it is not now.”– Gerald Jampolsky
48. “Happiness is a by-product of an effort to make someone else happy.”– Gretta Brooker Palmer
49. “No medicine cures what happiness cannot.” – Gabriel García Márquez
50.“Cheerfulness is what greases the axles of the world. Don’t go through life creaking.”– H.W. Byles
51. “Happiness and sadness run parallel to each other. When one takes a rest, the other one tends to take up the slack.”– Hazelmarie Elliott
52. “True happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.”– Helen Keller
53. “Happiness is a form of courage.”– Holbrook Jackson
54. “All happiness depends on courage and work.”– Honoré de Balzac
55. “Happiness is a matter of one’s most ordinary and everyday mode of consciousness being busy and lively and unconcerned with self.”– Iris Murdoch
56. “Happiness is distraction from the human tragedy.”– J.M. Reinoso
57. “Real happiness is not of temporary enjoyment, but is so interwoven with the future that it blesses for ever.”– James Lendall Basford
What is happiness in life?
Happiness has different definitions and meanings for different people and also for different situations. I already mentioned the definition and meaning of happiness in life.
But If I want to give you a short answer about life then I have to say that mental satisfaction is the happiness in life. This is the happiness in life.
58. “Real happiness is cheap enough, yet how dearly we pay for its counterfeit.” – Hosea Ballou
59. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.”– James Oppenheim
60. “I must learn to be content with being happier than I deserve.”– Jane Austen
61. “Ask yourself whether you are happy and you cease to be so.”– John Stuart Mill
62. “Happiness is where we find it, but very rarely where we seek it.” – J. Petit Senn
63. “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.”– Jonathan Safran Foer
64. “Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.”– Joseph Addison
65. “The happiness which is lacking makes one think even the happiness one has unbearable.”– Joseph Roux
66. “It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.”– L.M. Montgomery
67. “Happiness is only real when shared.” – Jon Krakauer
68. “If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the world belongs to you.”– Lao Tzu
69. “You can’t be happy unless you’re unhappy sometimes.”– Lauren Oliver
70. “In order to have great happiness you have to have great pain and unhappiness – otherwise how would you know when you’re happy?”– Leslie Caron
71. “There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second.”– Logan Pearsall Smith
72. “There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.” – Lady Blessington
73. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”– Marcel Proust
74. “He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.”– Marcus Aurelius
75. “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.”– Marcus Aurelius
76. “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.”– Margaret Lee Runbeck
77. “Happiness is a constant work-in-progress, because solving problems is a constant work-in-progress – the solutions to today’s problems will lay the foundation for tomorrow’s problems, and so on. True happiness occurs only when you find the problems you enjoy having and enjoy solving.”– Mark Manson
78. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
79. “In my life I’ve learned that true happiness comes from giving. Helping others along the way makes you evaluate who you are. I think that love is what we’re all searching for. I haven’t come across anyone who didn’t become a better person through love.”– Marla Gibbs
80. “Happiness is a well-balanced combination of love, labour, and luck.”– Mary Wilson Little
81. “Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.”– Maxim Gorky
82. “Ups and downs. Victories and defeats. Sadness and happiness. That’s the best kind of life.”– Maxime Lagacé
83. “Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.” – Mark Twain
84. “Many things can make you miserable for weeks; few can bring you a whole day of happiness.”– Mignon McLaughlin
85. “Happiness in this world, when it comes, comes incidentally. Make it the object of pursuit, and it leads us a wild-goose chase, and is never attained.”– Nathaniel Hawthorne
86. “Happiness is the default state. It’s what’s there when you remove the sense that something is missing in life.”– Naval Ravikant
87. “Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad.”– Norm Papernick
88. “Happiness is holding someone in your arms and knowing you hold the whole world.” – Orhan Pamuk
89. “Happiness is the resultant of the relative strengths of positive and negative feelings rather than an absolute amount of one or the other.”– Norman Bradburn
Funny happiness quotes:
Happiness quotes are really important for us to get inspiration and also motivation in life. Some people think life is full of sad incidents and memories.
They find hardly any touch of happiness in their life. For them, happiness quotes work as a medicine. But if you can make an effort to read them the Funny happiness quotes about life then they will be cured faster.
90. “Happiness is an accident of nature, a beautiful and flawless aberration.”– Pat Conroy
91. “Happiness is the natural flower of duty.”– Phillips Brooks
92. “It’s the moments that I stopped just to be, rather than do, that have given me true happiness.”– Sir Richard Branson
93. “Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response.” – Mildred Barthel
94. “To be happy, you must fancy that everything you have is a gift, and you the chosen, though you worked your tail off for every bit of it.”– Robert Brault
95. “Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable, than risk being happy.”– Robert Anthony
96. “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.”– Roy T. Bennett
97. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
98. “The happiness of life is made up of the little charities of a kiss or smile, a kind look, a heartfelt compliment.”– Samuel Taylor Coleridge
99. “Sometimes life knocks you on your ass… get up, get up, get up!!! Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.”– Steve Maraboli
100. “Happiness is not being pained in body or troubled in mind.”– Thomas Jefferson
101. “Happiness is always a by-product. It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular. But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness.”
– Robertson Davies
102. “Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.” – Robert Frost
103. “The secret of happiness is to find a congenial monotony.”– V.S. Pritchett
104. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.”– Victor Hugo
105. “Happiness is a function of accepting what is.”– Werner Erhard
106. “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.”– Aristotle
107. “There is no way to happiness — happiness is the way.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
108. “Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.”– Eleanor Roosevelt
109. “Happiness is a state of activity.”– Aristotle
110. “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.”– Franklin Roosevelt
111. “Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.”– William Feather
112. “Happiness is an inside job.” – William Arthur Ward
113. “If you want to be happy, be.” – Leo Tolstoy
114. “If you are not happy here and now, you never will be.”– Taisen Deshimaru
115. “We cannot be happy if we expect to live all the time at the highest peak of intensity. Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony.”– Thomas Merton
116. “The fact is always obvious much too late, but the most singular difference between happiness and joy is that happiness is a solid and joy a liquid.”– J.D. Salinger
117. “Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness.” – Buddha
118. “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.”– Abraham Lincoln
119. “On the whole, the happiest people seem to be those who have no particular cause for being happy except that they are so.”– William R. Inge
120. “There are two ways of being happy: We must either diminish our wants or augment our means – either may do – the result is the same and it is for each man to decide for himself and to do that which happens to be easier.”– Benjamin Franklin
121. “Be happy with what you have. Be excited about what you want.” – Alan Cohen
122. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”– Albert Schweitzer
123. “Judge nothing, you will be happy. Forgive everything, you will be happier. Love everything, you will be happiest.”– Sri Chinmoy
124. “No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.”– Barbara DeAngelis
125. “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.”– W.P. Kinsella
126. “Be happy. It’s one way of being wise.” – Colette
127. “Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
128. “Too often in life, something happens and we blame other people for us not being happy or satisfied or fulfilled. So the point is, we all have choices, and we make the choice to accept people or situations or to not accept situations.”– Tom Brady
129. “We are no longer happy so soon as we wish to be happier.”– Walter Savage Landor
130. “Indeed, man wishes to be happy even when he so lives as to make happiness impossible.”– St. Augustine
131. “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” – Mark Twain
132. “The habit of being happy enables one to be freed, or largely freed, from the domination of outward conditions.”– Robert Louis Stevenson
133. “If only we’d stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time.”– Edith Wharton
What are true happiness quotes?
I already told you about the meaning and definition of happiness. But true happiness and happiness are not almost the same. There are some variations between these two terms. Happiness is the happy moment of life.
It differs from person to person. But true happiness refers to something universal. Most people think that mental satisfaction about life is true happiness. But some true happiness quotes can make you more clear about true happiness.
These quotes are universal and result of deep thinking and experience. For these reasons, true happiness quotes are to be read by most of us.
134. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
135. “Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.”– Nathaniel Hawthorne
136. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.”– Andrew Carnegie
137. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”– Dalai Lama
138. “Just as a cautious businessman avoids investing all his capital in one concern, so wisdom would probably admonish us also not to anticipate all our happiness from one quarter alone.”– Sigmund Freud
139. “The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not.”– George Bernard Shaw
140. “If you observe a really happy man you will find him building a boat, writing a symphony, educating his son, growing double dahlias in his garden, or looking for dinosaur eggs in the Gobi desert.
He will not be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that has rolled under the radiator. He will not be striving for it as a goal in itself.
He will have become aware that he is happy in the course of living life twenty-four crowded hours of the day.”– W. Beran Wolfe
141. “If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have a paradise in a few years.”– Bertrand Russell
142. “Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.” – Mother Teresa
143. “We have no more right to consume happiness without producing it than to consume wealth without producing it.”– George Bernard Shaw
144. “I think the key to life is just being a happy person, and happiness will bring you success.” – Diego Val
145. “Happiness is being content with what you have, living in freedom and liberty, having a good family life and good friends.”– Divyanka Tripathi
146. “Happiness is the interval between periods of unhappiness.”– Don Marquis
147. “The world is full of people looking for spectacular happiness while they snub contentment.”– Doug Larson
148. “Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers’ gardens.”– Douglas Jerrold
149. “Happiness is excitement that has found a settling down place. But there is always a little corner that keeps flapping around.”– E.L. Konigsburg
150. “Happiness is always the serendipitous result of looking for something else.” – Dr. Idel Dreimer
In final thought, I want to give you a short suggestion for you to be happy in life. That is you just need to be satisfied with what you have in hand and also try to believe in God. Believing in God will bring peace to your mind. And this mental peace is main to be happy in life.
We hope these happiness quotes upraised your mood and brighten your day. Share them together with your friends to stay the nice vibes spreading, and allow us to apprehend if we tend to forget one you prefer.