Isaiah Thomas is a famous basketball player in America. At present, we find this basketball legend as a free agent. We know him as Isaiah Thomas, but his full name is Isaiah Jamar Thomas.
We may find him starting his career with the Sacramento Kings team. The Sacramento Kings team selected him in the 2011 NBA draft.
In 2016 and 2017, Isaiah Thomas is termed as ‘NBA All-Star’. With the talent and hard work, he proved himself as the star of basketball. By looking over the Isaiah Thomas quotes, you can be acquainted with this great person.
Top 45 Isaiah Thomas Quotes:
1. “If you want consistency, then you perform. This is a performance job. You get paid to perform. Your money is guaranteed, but your minutes are not.” ―Isaiah Thomas
2. “Everybody wants to be perfect.”―Isaiah Thomas
3. “It was important to me to believe because if I don’t believe, how can I expect them to believe?”―Isaiah Thomas
4. “It wasn’t about the X’s and the O’s and the strategy; it was more about keeping 12 guys focused and committed to a task. That group dynamic, and then helping them to grow as people and basketball players.”―Isaiah Thomas
5. “It’s hard to get people to overcome the thought that they have to take care of themselves first. It’s hard to get players to give in to the group and become selfless as opposed to selfish.”―Isaiah Thomas
6. “My first choice was to work it out with Larry Brown. I needed Larry and I gave him 50 million bucks. This is a situation that I’m in and I’ll handle it and I’ll make it work.”―Isaiah Thomas
7. “Where we sit now, I don’t think we have the luxury of the 20 teams before us. I think we are going after the best players we can get on the board.”―Isaiah Thomas
8. “This is a trade that we all feel makes us a better basketball team for both now and in the future. In Steve, we add an All-Star caliber player to our team without giving up core assets that are key to our future.”―Isaiah Thomas
9. “If all I’m remembered for is being a good basketball player, then I’ve done a bad job with the rest of my life.”―Isaiah Thomas
10. “All of those things had been talked about, suggested, rumored, as a manager and as a member of the Knicks organization, I couldn’t allow myself to think that way or believe that.”―Isaiah Thomas
11.”You have no idea how it hurt. It finally was coming together. That night (against All Saints) — it was amazing. They heard everything I said.”―Isaiah Thomas
12. “I believe in the players and what I’ve put together and we’ll make it work.”―Isaiah Thomas
13. “I’ll continue to try to make changes to better improve the team.”―Isaiah Thomas
14. “We were going to have to experiment, and we needed to develop our younger players. And a lot of the changes were because of injuries. But that’s where I give a lot of credit to the group in terms of being able to maintain things.”―Isaiah Thomas
15. “The situation was addressed in-house, and we gave Coach the option to suspend Marbury, fine him. Whatever discipline he felt was necessary, we were willing to take. He said he didn’t think that would be appropriate because he didn’t want to single [Marbury] out and it was a good opportunity to coach him.”―Isaiah Thomas
16. “I’ve been in pressure situations before. All my life it’s been about pressure and having to get it done. Just because you say it publicly, it does not make me afraid of it or make me shy away from it.”―Isaiah Thomas
17. “Larry Brown thought Steve Francis was a Larry Brown type of player.”―Isaiah Thomas
18. “One word is passion. They are passionate about their team. We win we’re great, lose and we’re the worst. But you can’t overreact to the fans.”―Isaiah Thomas
19. “It’s been made clear to all of us that a player should never leave the playing field and go into the stands.”―Isaiah Thomas
20. “My job is to make sure in all the chaos you can still see the flowers, you can still see the good things happening.”―Isaiah Thomas
21. “I love what I’m doing.”―Isaiah Thomas
22. “I would still like to get more athletic and have players that can really cover what’s going on in the game.”―Isaiah Thomas
23. “We decided to go the way of trading and getting younger players.”―Isaiah Thomas
24. “My greatest gift that I have in life is basketball.”―Isaiah Thomas
25. “How can I tell the eighth or ninth man on the team that I want you to work hard every day and I want you to improve and get better, but while you’re doing that you’re not going to get any minutes?”―Isaiah Thomas
26. “I want to see if the player communicates with his teammates and how he responds to coaching. Another thing to remember is players’ bodies can develop better than their skills.”―Isaiah Thomas
27. “Instead of me telling them what they need to work on, I wanted to hear from them what they needed to work on.”―Isaiah Thomas
28. “We decided to either try trades or just go with older players. If you do that and let contracts expire you can be in the lottery for about four or five years and expect your fans to be patient.”―Isaiah Thomas
29. “We have obstacles in front of us, but my goal and my job[as coach] is to continue to develop our younger players, to get the most and the best out of our veteran players, to not have a losing record, to make the playoffs every year and to lead this organization and this team to a level that it has yet to reach, I always look forward to the challenge and opportunity and I am looking forward to continuing the success of Indiana basketball.”―Isaiah Thomas
30. “This is not the place for the weak-minded guy, regardless of your talent.”―Isaiah Thomas
31. “Out of respect for his privacy and what he and his family are dealing with, we won’t comment on any of his personal issues or things that are happening.”―Isaiah Thomas
32. “That challenge of working through it, keeping guys motivated, keeping the group together, overcoming obstacles, all of that; I really got into it.”―Isaiah Thomas
33. “The biggest difference is in the leadership. It was better for us. We had more coaches and mentors to help us. A lot of the younger players today suffer from a lack of direction.”―Isaiah Thomas
34.”You have to develop your whole game to completion.”―Isaiah Thomas
35. “Most players in this league say they want consistency.”―Isaiah Thomas
36. “My thought has always been completion. Maybe you have to rebound better, shoot better, hit free throws, handle the ball, defend better. You have to do all those things in the course of a game.”―Isaiah Thomas
37. “The type of athletes we draft still need types of versatility on the defense side of the ball, run the offense. You should still be concerned on the offense side of the ball.”―Isaiah Thomas
38. “There is not a player on this roster now, who doesn’t understand or believe that if he is not performing, I don’t have problems getting rid of them.”―Isaiah Thomas
39. “We needed Larry Brown. Me more so than anyone. I wanted Larry to do a great job for us and I thought he would and I thought he could.”―Isaiah Thomas
40. “If it fills a need if it fills a rebuilding situation. And my goal is to fill and rebuild and I am not going to be shortsighted.”―Isaiah Thomas
41. “No one is happy with our record but I can tell you we’re going to get better. That’s what everybody is working toward. That’s what we all want.”―Isaiah Thomas
42. “Not often can you say with certainty that you’ve added one of the best to your organization in any position.”―Isaiah Thomas
43. “He never really was diagnosed with what everyone said he had, what Hank Gathers had. No doctors said he had that. Everyone said, ‘If he has that, then this could happen.’ All of a sudden they quit saying ‘if’ and said he had it.”―Isaiah Thomas
44. “I can’t think of any NBA team over the last few years that lost three starters. And we replaced them basically with three guys who really haven’t played in this league.”―Isaiah Thomas
45. I’ve always believed no matter how many shots I miss, I’m going to make the next one.―Isaiah Thomas
The birth year of Isaiah Thomas is 1989. He was born in Tacoma, Washington. His father’s name is James Thomas, and his mother’s name is Tina Baldtrip. Isaiah’s father named his son after the name of another renowned basketball player and coach, Isiah Thomas. Isaiah Thomas’s naming story is interesting.
His father, James Thomas, was the fan of ‘Lakers’. In 1989, he made a bet with his friend about the result of the 1989 final match between Lakers and Piston teams. According to that bet, James decided to keep his son’s name after Isiah Thomas.
Isaiah Thomas studied to the Curtis Senior School, Washington. When he was a student at this school, he used to play basketball. Thomas was a member of the basketball team of his school. Later he received a scholarship and changed his school. Later; we find Thomas joined to another school named South Kent School, Connecticut. In 2008, he completed his graduation from the Connecticut Prep School.
We have previously mentioned that Isaiah Thomas started to play basketball from his High school days. He continued it to his college years too. During college life, Isaiah played for the Washington Huskies for three years. From the starting of his career, we find him working with different teams. He played for the Sacramento Kings team for the first time. He spent three seasons with this team.
After this team, he worked with the Phoenix Suns team. In the year of 2015, he joined with Boston Celtics. After two years, he joined the Cavs or the Cleveland Cavaliers. In 2018, he played for the Los Angeles Lakers. At this same year, he signed with the Denver Nuggets team for one year. In 2019, Thomas signed with the Washington Wizards.
Why should we follow him?
If we go through the life story and the quotes of Isaiah Thomas, we’ll find him very positive towards life. We all know about the fame and the success story of Isaiah Thomas. But we don’t know about the inspiration that lies behind his success and that is his love toward his profession. Thomas admitted that he considers ‘basketball’ as the best gift of his life. We may notice that he practiced basketball from his childhood.
He also followed his passion and childhood interest and turned it to his profession. We should also follow our passion and interest. In the case of choosing our career, we should never impose any work on us. Instead, we should select our profession according to our interests and love. We’ll achieve success in our work when we deal it with love and passion.