Table of Contents
We all have a profession to live in. We all work for a time. But every day we also spend some time when we actually do nothing of our main business or work. That time is called leisure time. In leisure, we actually don’t do any of the work like eating, bathing, and everything. Leisure is thought to be the best time of the day.
Some people call this time the quality of experience. Leisure is very important for our mental health and also for our physical health. Scholars of all ages reveal the importance of leisure for us. They suggest that we should spend time as leisure for ourselves. Their suggestions and other speeches about leisure are called leisure quotes.
Top 50 Leisure Quotes :
1. The end of labor is to gain leisure. — Aristotle
2. Leisure is the Mother of Philosophy. —Thomas Hobbes
3. If you are losing your leisure, look out; you may be losing your soul. —Logan Pearsall Smith
4. I’m never less at leisure than when at leisure, or less alone than when alone. —Scipio Africanus
5. The best intelligence test is what we do with our leisure. —Laurence J. Peter
6. A broad margin of leisure is as beautiful in a man’s life as in a book. —Henry David Thoreau
7. I want people to understand the amazing, positive way our software can make leisure time more enjoyable, and work and businesses more successful. —Steve Ballmer
8. The finest workers in stone are not copper or steel tools, but the gentle touches of air and water working at their leisure with a liberal allowance of time. —Henry David Thoreau
9. In order to become prosperous, a person must initially work very hard, so he or she has to sacrifice a lot of leisure time. —Dalai Lama
10. A broad margin of leisure is as beautiful in a man’s life as in a book. Haste makes waste, no less in life than in housekeeping. Keep the time, observe the hours of the universe, not of the cars. —Henry David Thoreau
11. Haste makes waste, no less in life than in housekeeping. —Henry David Thoreau
Leisure Time Quotes :
Most of us love working for a long time without any rest. We hear about leisure time but do not count it as important. Leisure time quotes are ready to know more about it but we don’t know why we should interact with leisure time quotes.
Leisure time quotes can change our total conception of enjoyment and mind refreshment. These quotes tell us why we should have leisure in a day. If you find no importance of leisure in your life then you should start reading quotes about leisure.
12. Leisure is the time for doing something useful. This leisure the diligent person will obtain the lazy one never. — Benjamin Franklin
13. The real problem of leisure time is how to keep others from using yours. —Arthur Lacey
14. Leisure is the time for doing something useful. —Benjamin Franklin
15. The secret of being miserable is to have leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not. The cure for it is occupation. —George Bernard Shaw
16. Conspicuous consumption of valuable goods is a means of reputability to the gentleman of leisure. —Thorstein Veblen
17. What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare. —W. H. Davies
18. It’s not a man’s working hours that is important, it is how he spends his leisure time. —Marilynne Robinson
19. Time is what we want most, but what we use worst. —William Penn
20. Employ thy time well, if thou meanest to gain leisure. —Benjamin Franklin
21. Work is only justified by leisure time. To admit the emptiness of leisure time is to admit the impossibility of life.— Guy Debord
22. He enjoys true leisure who has time to improve his soul’s estate. —Henry David Thoreau
23. If the use of leisure time is confined to looking at TV for a few extra hours every day, we will deteriorate as a people. —Eleanor Roosevelt
24. As work weeks get longer and leisure time shrinks, people are becoming sicker, more distracted, absent, unproductive, and less innovative. —Brigid Schulte
25. I’d rather spend my leisure time doing what some people call my work and I call my fun. —Jared Diamond
26. We talk of the enormous virtues of work, but it turns out that that is mostly for the poor. If you’re rich enough or if you’re a college professor, the virtue lies in leisure and the use you make of your leisure time.— John Kenneth Galbraith
27. People would have more leisure time if it weren’t for all the leisure-time activities that use it up. —Peg Bracken
28. How to use your leisure time is the biggest problem of a ballplayer. —Branch Rickey
29. Nothing adds to a person’s leisure time like doing things when they are supposed to be done. —Orlando Aloysius Battista
30. Work is external to the worker. . . . It is not part of his nature; consequently he does not fulfill himself in his work but denies himself. . . . The worker therefore feels himself at home only during his leisure time, whereas at work he feels homeless. —Karl Marx
31. It is already possible to imagine a society in which the majority of the population, that is to say, its laborers, will have almost as much leisure as in earlier times was enjoyed by the aristocracy. When one recalls how aristocracies in the past actually behaved, the prospect is not cheerful. —W. H. Auden
Leisure time with friends quotes :
Someone said, “a meeting with educated friends is a blessed time for us”. This single line is enough to justify the value of leisure time with friends. But we know, friends are two types, real friends and fake people in the guise of a friend. We should make the right choice of friends before we spend our leisure time with them. Leisure time with friends teaches us several things to make our life more enjoyable.
32. Friendship is a very taxing and arduous form of leisure activity. —Mortimer Adler
Leisure time with family quotes :
Family is an important part of our life. We can call this the most important part of our life. Because everything we do in our lives is for our family. We were born and grew up in a family, and still, we are the members of it.
Our family taught us a lot of things from our childhood to now. It is still, supporting us in any need. The importance of family is known to all. For this reason, people suggest we spend leisure time with the family. According to some famous quotes, leisure time with family is the most precious time of our life. Leisure time with family quotes can change our family bonding.
33. You will never look back on life and think, “I spent too much time with my kids.”— Unknown
34. Going home and spending time with your family and your real friends keeps you grounded. —Jennifer Ellison
35. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored. —Earl Nightingale
36. “A man who doesn’t spend time with his family can never be a real man.” ― Don Vito Corleone, Mario Puzo, The Godfather
37. I don’t think quantity time is as special as quality time with your family. —Reba McEntire
38. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family. —Mother Teresa
39. Having family time to reflect on your day is the best.— Buddy Valastro
40. Love your family. Spend time, be kind and serve one another.— Unknown
41. Spend some time this weekend on home improvement; improve your attitude toward your family. —Bo Bennett
42. Self-discipline to eat right, to exercise, to spend quality time with your family, to get your work done, to relax, to go to bed on time, to avoid negative people and negativity in general, to control your thoughts, to do the right thing, etc. —Melissa Eshleman
43. Too much TV time, while it may seem like a fun family activity, too much of it can shift your attention from each other to the TV. —Jake Smith
44. We should make some time in between and organize our life, relax ourselves and spend more time with our family, friends, and pursue our own hobbies. —Robert Gallagher
45. Consistent and individualized attention given to each child will significantly reduce misbehavior. Regular and wholesome family time will also give siblings the opportunity to interact with each other in a positive way. —Felicity Bauer
46. When we treat them like the human beings they are, show our appreciation for their excellent work, and then encourage them to spend the weekend with their families, they are going to return to the workplace with renewed vigor, eager to prove their worth to the project and to the company. —William C. Oakes
47. You can always choose to be generous with your time. Yes, we all have responsibilities to family and work. But if we were to be honest, it is quite possible that we waste a lot of time that could be used to help others. —Jose Figueroa
48. Every male member of the house battles with the insecurity that whether they are giving enough attention to their family, is their family happy, are their needs being fulfilled and so on. —Jacques Harland
49. If I could attribute any one thing to the success my family has experienced through the years, it would simply be my wife and I took the time to be there for our kids. —Willie Williams
50. In today’s fast-paced world, it can be challenging to make time for your family. However, family is a strong value among many people. —Ace McCloud
There is a great work/home life balance that you need to achieve. If you let your home life eat into your work life, you lose motivation quickly and if work life imposes too much on your family time, then your family time becomes less satisfactory. —Dane Taylor
The great thing about exercising with older kids is the fact that they need exercise as much as you do. Make the most of this by making exercise a family affair.—Ashlee Meadows
Richard Branson advised that entrepreneurs should also take some time off from work and enjoy the company of their family or friends. —Norbert Richards
The ability of a family to work hand in hand and to successfully manage every event that takes their time on a daily basis is the key to a successful family. —T.P.Stone
Isn’t living close to work and having more time with your family more important than living far away only so you can tell people you live in a fancy place to impress others? —Gabriel Torres
Why is leisure important?
Everything in this world needs rest. From a robot to a human being, everything reaches its final energy. After long work, machines need fuel, humans need food. A machine can restart its work after getting fuel again but a man needs more than food because the machine has no mind but men have.
Our minds also need some food to get the energy to work again. That energy is entertainment. Entertainments can refresh our mind and for entertainment leisure time is very important. So, we can say that leisure time is important for the same reason that machines need fuel and men need food.
The quotes teach us a lot of things. Among these things, it teaches us to live our life properly. Quotes help us to enjoy every moment of our life and also helps us to get success in life. The way we are approaching our life is very important to be happy. Quotes teach us to take the right way to approach our life. Besides our business, we should have some leisure time to make life enjoyable. Leisure quotes can change our life if we can imply them.