One racer of cars also can win the race of life by his mental strength. That’s not the end, he also can help people with his quotes. One such person is Mario Andretti. Though he was a car driver in his profession, he was also a very good thinker.
This man has a huge number of quotes. Mario Andretti Quotes are special for many reasons. Here we are going to discuss these quotes. If you want to take his experience to apply them in your life then you must read his quotes from beginning to end.
Top 50 Mario Andretti Quotes
1. If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough. — Mario Andretti
2. If you think you’re always in control, then you’re not going fast enough.— Mario Andretti
3. Love what you do. Believe in your instincts. And you’d better be able to pick yourself up and brush yourself off every day.— Mario Andretti
4. A goal isn’t something you just arrive at and stop. You have to stay curious and hungry and foolish…— Mario Andretti
5. Failure is success if we learn from it.— Mario Andretti
6. Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.— Mario Andretti
7. Circumstances may cause interruptions and delays, but never lose sight of your goal. Prepare yourself in every way you can by increasing your knowledge and adding to your experience, so that you can make the most of opportunity when it occurs.— Mario Andretti
8. The only thing that happens if you wait, is that you get older.— Mario Andretti
9. Do it no matter what. If you believe in it, it is something very honorable. If somebody around you or your family does not understand it, then that’s their problem. But if you do have a passion, an honest passion, just do it.— Mario Andretti
10. If you don’t come walking back to the pits every once in a while holding a steering wheel in your hands, you’re not trying hard enough— Mario Andretti
11. It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down.— Mario Andretti
12. Nobody is born with a steering wheel or a gear shift in his hand. It’s something you choose to do or you don’t.— Mario Andretti
13. The first time I fired up a car, felt the engine shudder and the wheel come to life in my hands, I was hooked. It was a feeling I can’t describe. I still get it every time I get into a race car.— Mario Andretti
14. Desire is the key to motivation.— Mario Andretti
15. A racing car is an animal with a thousand adjustments.— Mario Andretti
16. I will always enter a race car from the left side. Always. Why? I have no idea.— Mario Andretti
17. If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough.— Mario Andretti
18. Speed is relative. You have to live it. You can’t just jump into it. You have to live it all the time.— Mario Andretti
19. What I learned is that in business you must make decisions based on facts, not react with your heart.— Mario Andretti
20. In racing, there is no question who is best – the first one to cross the finish line wins first prize. But with wine, even if you make the best wine in the world, someone isn’t going to like it, because it isn’t their style. Judging wine is very subjective.— Mario Andretti
21. You do the best you can with what’s thrown at you, then you try again.— Mario Andretti
22. The crashes people remember, but drivers remember the near misses.— Mario Andretti
23. I’ve always said I didn’t have a Plan B in life. I was in pursuit of my dream from the very beginning. It’s all about desire and passion. At all costs.— Mario Andretti
24. You do a period of go-karting until you’re at the age of qualifying for a ride in a ‘school-kart,’ then you qualify for driving school. And several of the driving schools have a competition series for their own students.— Mario Andretti
25. If things don’t seem out of control, you’re not going fast enough.— Mario Andretti
26. When a car’s ahead of you, as long as you can see it, you get a tow, just like the draft in NASCAR. Even if it’s a long ways down the track, it punches a hole in the air that has to help. When you’re running alone, you can feel the difference, and it shows on the clock, too.— Mario Andretti
27. Sebastian Vettel’s brilliant talent will ultimately come forth and he’ll continue to show what he’s capable of. I will never ever degrade Vettel’s ability. Sooner or later, he’ll prove anyone so wrong— Mario Andretti
28. Circumstances may cause interruptions and delays, but never lose sight of your goal.— Mario Andretti
29. I lived the true American dream, because I was able to pursue what I set as my goals at a very young age.— Mario Andretti
30. There’s something special about racing in real streets. The ‘artificial’ circuits have a certain sameness to them. But every race conducted on real streets has a character of its own – Barcelona, Monaco, and now Long Beach.— Mario Andretti
31. It takes a lifetime to build tradition.— Mario Andretti
32. Unfortunately, we don’t educate drivers enough to be respectful on the road.— Mario Andretti
33. But really – look at the span of my career, and it’s something people dream about. And to be spared major injury: I had some moments along the way, but being able to retire on my own terms after having driven during those decades when safety conditions were more precarious than today – am I lucky, or what?— Mario Andretti
34. I think social media really is a great tool. It fascinates me when I tweet something and right away you get a response almost immediately.— Mario Andretti
35. I never personally name anyone. I am not comfortable rating other drivers.— Mario Andretti
36. I go to bed is around 11, and I do that for every race. I get good sleep. I don’t lie awake for any race. That’s my routine.— Mario Andretti
37. My last race was at Le Mans in 2000, my first race was in 1959, so I dodged a lot of bullets along the way, I can tell you that.— Mario Andretti
38. Motor racing is like one big family, ultimately, and when you come back to it, that’s really what it feels like.— Mario Andretti
39. Every NASCAR driver watches Formula One in the morning; they are well informed.— Mario Andretti
40. If a neighbor is killed in a car accident, do you sell your car and stop driving?— Mario Andretti
41. I don’t have any feeling of accomplishment about anything unless there’s a lot of risk to it.— Mario Andretti
42. I had no problems staying motivated because things that were happening were things I looked forward to.— Mario Andretti
43. If you’re so afraid of failure, you will never succeed. You have to take chances.— Mario Andretti
44. For every negative, there’s a positive. It’s in everything. How you deal with life, outlook, how much energy you put into achieving something. That’s why I detest entitlement. Anything that’s worthwhile is going to call for some sacrifice. Nothing worthwhile will come to you without a price. People think in sports, you have different rules. You really don’t. It’s whatever motivates you.— Mario Andretti
45. Speed takes a little bit of getting used to, but rules have to be followed. At any speed, the more you run, the more you get used to it.— Mario Andretti
46. I count my blessings every day, quite honestly, because I take nothing for granted.— Mario Andretti
47. I don’t have many superstitions, just dumb things I don’t talk about. I will not sign an autograph with a green pen.— Mario Andretti
48. Sometimes you have to bring back only the steering wheel so the car owner will know that you’re giving it all you have.— Mario Andretti
49. Whenever you’re aggressive, you’re at the edge of mistakes.— Mario Andretti
50. Anybody who can drive and doesn’t come out of it a rich man is a fool.— Mario Andretti
When you are losing it can seem like there is a black cloud following you around, but like they say there is a silver lining in every cloud.— Mario Andretti
Who is Mario Andretti?
Mario Andretti is an American car racer or a racing driver. In the history of American Motorcar racing, Mario Andretti is one of the few big names. He is the only two racing drivers in this country who own 4 big events.
They are Formula One, IndyCar, the World Sportscar Championship, and NASCAR. Besides these, he has some more titles in racing. There are some achievements of this man that are very hardly found in the history of American motorcar racing. If I just discuss his achievements then it will take the whole article.
Biography reveals a man in complete. If you want to know about anyone then you need to read his biography. Here I present a short biography of Mario Andretti for you.
Mario Andretti has another brother, they are twins. Both were born on February 28, 1940. His parents are Alvise Andretti and Rina. The original birthplace of this great man was in Croatia. But World War 2 did everything bad in his life.
His family lost everything and moved to Italy as a refugee. And later they moved to the USA. In this settlement, his one uncle helped him a lot. The later life of this man was not bad in the end.
Nothing much is known about his educational life. As his family was always in motion, that may be the reason behind his unstable educational life. But he has a very good educational life. Besides formal education, Alvise Andretti takes his car training very well.
The career of this man is very rich. He is one of only two American racing drivers who have a lot of achievements. But the passion of being a racing driver was in both the brothers from childhood.
From then the passion grows in them and finally one becomes successful. Mario Andretti owns one World Sportscar Championship, four IndyCar, and huge other competitions.
Why Should We Follow Mario Andretti?
There are so many reasons behind following him. How one person can rebuild his life after such a mighty blow in his life is really astonishing.
He grows from a very low condition; this is a good thing that we can take from this man. Alvise Andretti is a good thinker. His quotes are very popular and full of knowledge. We may follow him for his quotes.
Any quotes become quotes for some of their special qualities. Alvise Andretti quotes are very qualified. They bear the experience of his life. If you want to take Alvise Andretti’s life’s teachings in your life and make it more attractive then read them.