Steve Jobs was a renowned American business magnate and investor. He is also famous as a media proprietor and an industrial designer. His full name is Steven Paul Jobs.
Steve Jobs is the co-founder of Apple Inc. He was the CEO and the Chairman of this company. He also leads ‘Pixar’ as the chairman of it. Steve Jobs founded ‘NeXT’ and maintained it as the chairman and CEO.
In the 1970s and 1980s, we find him a popular figure for being the pioneer of the ‘personal computer revolution.’ This legend has left us in 2011 but left his experiences and thoughts for us.
We may acquaint with the intelligence of this legend by going through different Steve Jobs quotes.
Top 50 Steve Jobs quotes :
Steve Jobs Quotes on Technology:
We know that Steve Jobs is the founder of ‘NeXT’ and co-founder of Apple Inc. He is the chairman and CEO of Pixar and Apple Inc.
We may notice that all of these are technology-based. He dealt with technology all through his career. We find some valuable excerpts of Steve Jobs about technology. To increase our knowledge, we may look over Steve Jobs quotes on technology.
1. “Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.” – Steve Jobs Rolling Stone, June 16, 1994
2. “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.” –Steve Jobs, Inc. Magazine, April 1, 1989
3. “No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life.” – Steve Jobs
4. “Innovation has nothing to do with how many R&D dollars you have. When Apple came up with the Mac, IBM was spending at least 100 times more on R&D. It’s not about money. It’s about the people you have, how you’re led, and how much you get it.” –Steve Jobs, Fortune, November 1998
5. “Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.” – Steve Jobs
“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” –Steve Jobs, New York Times Magazine, Nov. 30, 2003
7. “You should never start a company with the goal of getting rich. Your goal should be making something you believe in and making a company that will last.” – Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
8. “Innovation comes from people meeting up in the hallways or calling each other at 10:30 at night with a new idea, or because they realized something that shoots holes in how we’ve been thinking about a problem. It’s ad hoc meetings of six people called by someone who thinks he has figured out the coolest new thing ever and who wants to know what other people think of his idea.” – Steve Jobs
9. “If you just sit and observe, you will see how restless your mind is. If you try to calm it, it only makes it worse, but over time it does calm, and when it does, there’s room to hear more subtle things – that’s when your intuition starts to blossom and you start to see things more clearly and be in the present more. Your mind just slows down, and you see a tremendous expanse in the moment. You see so much more than you could see before. It’s a discipline; you have to practice it.” – Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
10.They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” –Steve Jobs, Think Different – Apple Advertisement, 1997
11. “You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back toward the technology – not the other way around.” –Steve Jobs, World Wide Developers Conference, May 1997
12. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” –Steve Jobs, Stanford University Commencement Speech, 2005
13. “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently; they’re not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things. – Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs Quotes on Work:
Through a hard struggle in his career, Steve Jobs became a successful person in his life. He succeeded in his life with his intelligence, hardship, and patience.
He had gone through a tough challenge and difficulties in his career. We can learn about his challenging experiences and suggestions about work by going through Steve Jobs quotes on work.
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
15. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly and get on with improving your other innovations.” – Steve Jobs
16. “I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things.” – Steve Jobs
17. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
18. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” – Steve Jobs
19. “My model for business is The Beatles: They were four guys that kept each other’s’ negative tendencies in check; they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts.” – Steve Jobs
20. “Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.” – Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs Quotes on Innovation:
Steve Jobs gave a proper guideline to innovative people in the business. He suggested that we don’t need to know what the demand of our customers is. Rather we need to know what they will demand in the future.
We need to find out our customers’ demand and need before they feel it. You may learn more about his suggestions from Steve Jobs quotes on innovation.
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
22. “It’s really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.” – Steve Jobs
23. “A lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing for them. We chose a different path. Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets.” – Steve Jobs
24. “To turn really interesting ideas and fledgling technologies into a company that can continue to innovate for years, it requires a lot of discipline.” – Steve Jobs
25. “The cure for Apple is not cost-cutting. The cure for Apple is to innovate its way out of its current predicament.” – Steve Jobs
26. “I want to put a ding in the universe.” – Steve Jobs
27. “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.” – Steve Jobs
28. “It’s not about pop culture, and it’s not about fooling people, and it’s not about convincing people that they want something they don’t. We figure out what we want. And I think we’re pretty good at having the right discipline to think through whether a lot of other people are going to want it, too. That’s what we get paid to do. We just want to make great products.” – Steve Jobs
29. “So when a good idea comes, you know, part of my job is to move it around, just see what different people think, get people talking about it, argue with people about it, get ideas moving among that group of 100 people, get different people together to explore different aspects of it quietly, and, you know—just explore things.” – Steve Jobs
30. “Pretty much, Apple and Dell are the only ones in this industry making money. They make it by being Walmart. We make it by innovation.” – Steve Jobs
31. Let’s go invent tomorrow rather than worrying about what happened yesterday. – Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs Quotes on Time:
32. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
33. “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.” –Steve Jobs, Playboy, February 1985
34. “We don’t get a chance to do that many things and everyone should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it.”– Steve Jobs
35. “That’s been one of my mantras — focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.”– Steve Jobs
36. “Quality is much better than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.” –Steve Jobs, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, February 5, 2006
Steve Jobs Quotes on Leadership:
We find Steve Jobs as founder, co-founder, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and the chairman. All the posts need the requirement of the quality of a leader.
Steve Jobs successfully lead his companies. However, he also expressed his opinion about leadership. You can learn his opinion from Steve Jobs quotes on leadership.
37. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something—your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
“That’s been one of my mantras—focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.” – Steve Jobs
39. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful…that’s what matters to me.” – Steve Jobs
40. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs
41. “Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.” – Steve Jobs
42. I’m actually as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. – Steve Jobs
43. I don’t care about being right. I care about success and doing the right thing. – Steve Jobs
44. You can build your own things that other people can use. And once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again. – Steve Jobs
45. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs quotes on death:
I think death is the most wonderful invention of life. It purges the system of these old models that are obsolete. – Steve Jobs
47. Death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It is life’s change agent, it clears out the old to make way for the new. – Steve Jobs
48. Without death, there would be very little progress. – Steve Jobs
49. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. – Steve Jobs
50. Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. – Steve Jobs
No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. – Steve Jobs
Biography of Steve Jobs:
The birth year of Steven Paul Jobs is 1955. He was born in California. He was an adopted child. Steve Jobs spent his childhood in the San Francisco Bay Area.
From his childhood, he was interested in Engineering. In 1972, Jobs admitted to Reed College but unfortunately dropped out of this college. He worked as a ‘video game developer.’
He saved money from his salary and traveled to India with it. However, after returning from India, he started working with his school friend Stephen Gray Wozniak. They got success together.
Why should We Follow Him?
By analyzing the biography of Steve Jobs, we may observe that he had faced many difficulties in his life. He never lost hope and never stopped working for the adversities and the difficulties of his life.
He dropped out of college after the six months of his admission. He became frustrated at that time, but he didn’t lose hope. He struggled in his life.
Steve Jobs’ life history and his struggle teach us that we should not lose hope in our difficulties; rather, we should find the other way to succeed in our life.