Sometimes the world becomes very cruel to us. We can understand the cruelty of the people around us when they take advantage of us. Taking advantage of someone is one kind of betrayal. We all faced this kind of betrayal in our life. Most of us are also involved in such kind of betrayal. No matter what is the relationship with them to whom we are taking advantage when they learn about this, of course, they will get hurt.
Sometimes, taking advantage of someone can be destructive. This betrayal has the power to destroy us. It kills our mental happiness. It also leads the victim to depression. You may learn about the negative impact of it going through some taking advantage of someone quotes. Sometimes the victim also takes revenge, and it becomes more destructive.
Taking advantage of someone quotes:
Table of Contents
1. I feel like I’m creative, and I want to take advantage of that. —Lil Peep
Take advantage of every opportunity to practice your communication skills so that when important occasions arise, you will have the gift, the style, the sharpness, the clarity, and the emotions to affect other people.
3. In the absence of sound oversight, responsible businesses are forced to compete against unscrupulous and underhanded businesses, who are unencumbered by any restrictions on activities that might harm the environment, or take advantage of middle-class families, or threaten to bring down the entire financial system. —Barack Obama
4. To be an effective leader, you have to have a manipulative streak – you have to figure out the people working for you and give each task that will take advantage of his strength. —Norman Schwarzkopf
5. Nobody looks like they did when they were 20, so why not take advantage of the fact that you’re changing, emotionally as well as physically? —Clint Eastwood
6. The best advice I was probably given and the best advice I could give someone who is trying to get into the comedy field is to take advantage of every opportunity you have to work to hone your skills. —Bob Newhart
7. I think luck is the sense to recognize an opportunity and the ability to take advantage of it… The man who can smile at his breaks and grab his chances gets on. —Samuel Goldwyn
8. A lot of times, people feel that if they forgive the person who hurt them, then they will continue to take advantage of them or not take responsibility for what they did wrong.—Joyce Meyer
9. Quite frankly, having an uninformed populace works extremely well, particularly when you have a media that doesn’t understand its responsibility and feels more like it’s an arm of a political party. They can really take advantage of an uninformed populace. —Ben Carson
Take advantage of the years of pioneering efforts. You might find this boring, as the young want to rush head-on, as it were. —Edmund Hillary
11. I’m sure the feeling of fear, as long as you can take advantage of it and not be rendered useless by it, can make you extend yourself beyond what you would regard as your capacity. If you’re afraid, the blood seems to flow freely through the veins, and you really do feel a sense of stimulation.
12. A lot of people resist transition and therefore never allow themselves to enjoy who they are. Embrace the change, no matter what it is; once you do, you can learn about the new world you’re in and take advantage of it.
13. I think that has to do with my awareness that in a sense we all have a certain measure of responsibility to those who have made it possible for us to take advantage of the opportunities.—Angela Davis
14. Basketball is a short period of time, and you’ve got to take advantage of it. —Sue Bird
15. Start where you are. Distant fields always look greener, but opportunity lies right where you are. Take advantage of every opportunity of service. -Robert Collier
16. I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to express the views of black people who otherwise don’t have access to power and the media. I have to take advantage of that while I’m still bankable. —Spike Lee
17. I do take advantage of, you know, feeling sensual and feeling sexy. And I think that is tremendously empowering and is not diminishing in any way. I fell that any woman who is in control, who is in touch with her femininity and sensuality, is a woman that is empowered. —Shakira
18. People sometimes approach me tentatively or suspiciously because of my father’s reputation as a world-class negotiator, as if they think I’m about to take advantage of them. As if I know something I’m not letting on.
19. For the first time, we’re allowing developers who don’t work at Facebook to develop applications just as if they were. That’s a big deal because it means that all developers have a new way of doing business if they choose to take advantage of it. There are whole companies that are forming whose only product is a Facebook Platform application. —Mark Zuckerberg
20. For me, it came from the material. It was so well written and brought the opportunity to work with great actors. And of course the opportunity to ‘mince about’ was an added element that I wanted to take advantage of!
In business, you have to be strong. If you are weak, people are going to take advantage. —Ivana Trump
22. We try to continually push ourselves to do more and more, not just on the hardware side but also in terms of developers’ tools so they can take advantage of the hardware that’s there, in the best way. —Tim Cook
23. Anytime I have an idea, I’ll make sure that I put it down so that when we do sit down to write an album, I don’t have to dream it all out of thin air. I don’t have to be creative on the spur of the moment, or spontaneously artistic. I just take advantage of whenever creativity strikes. —Neil Peart
24. I love puns. I’ve been known to turn the car around just to take advantage of a good pun situation. It really is the highest form of humor.
I want to use my connections with coaches, players, celebrities, whomever, and if I can take that friendship and use it to help someone else, I’m going to take advantage of that. I’m not going to apologize for that.
26. I hope I’ve contributed something to the mental health field. But I hope people will think – I’ve had so many wonderful opportunities, I tried to take advantage of them. —Rosalynn Carter
27. I wouldn’t tell nobody to sign no slave deal or sign your life away or nothing like that, but if the deal is right and if it benefits you, you’d be a fool if you did not take advantage of it. —Dave East
28. He who is vain and delights in his own ability is deceived by his inferiors. When he likes to bring forth arguments and kindliness, his inferiors take advantage of his abilities. —Han Fei
29. A man in a position of power over me used that said power to try and take advantage of me. —Lili Reinhart
30. You certainly know when you have an opportunity, and you want to take advantage of it. And it’s certainly disappointing when you don’t.
31. You always gotta take advantage when you can spend time with your kids. —Cam’ron
32. I do very well with English, and I think I should do that more and take advantage of the versatility I have. I can sing; I can play guitar.
33. Sometimes people don’t trust the force of kindness. They think love or compassion or kindness will make you weak and kind of stupid and people will take advantage of you; you won’t stand up for other people.
34. We grow a little every time we do not take advantage of somebody’s weakness.—Bernard Williams
35. When success comes, people can try to trick you or take advantage of you. —Christina Aguilera
Sometimes, when my wife and I were going out to dinner, I would take my laptop with me and work in the car, so as to take advantage of the half-hour going and coming. —Thomas Friedman
37. Democracy is made up of three elements. One is whether the laws support pluralistic principles. The second is whether people take advantage of these laws. The third element is whether the peoples’ wallets are thick enough to benefit from this democracy. —Lech Walesa
38. Whatever opportunity I get, to make sure I get better, I need to take advantage of that. —Baker Mayfield
39. I always wanted to be normal. I tried really hard, but it’s like I try so hard, and then people still say I’m offbeat. I’ve learned to accept that and take advantage of it as an actor. —Zooey Deschanel
40. I would say that engineering has been a very positive experience overall, but usually coming into the situation it would be one of being underestimated. People would actually have low expectations. But I would take advantage of it quite honestly because I would take my time to underestimate the situation.—Lonnie Johnson
41. I am in no mood to be deceived any longer by the crafty devil and false character whose greatest pleasure is to take advantage of everyone.
42.I’m working a lot. Keeping my head down and focusing and trying to take advantage of the opportunities that have come my way.
43. Every day I wake up and I really try to pinch myself to take advantage of today and to use that freedom of gesture to do what I really like to do.
44. I’ve made a lot of mistakes. I’ve bonded with some people who use you, and some people that take advantage of you. —Larry King
45. It’s joyful to give. But for people who want to take advantage of you, you’re kind of an easy mark. —Larry King
I’m on the road a lot so when I get some time to relax I definitely take advantage. —Shaun White
47. When a team plays you by pressing so high, if you do not take advantage, they grow in their field, with their atmosphere and the goals they are making. —Sergio Busquets
Sometimes I wake up in the morning and feel like going straight back to bed. But I still have to get up and work, and I still have to take advantage of the changes I’ve been given in life. —Estelle
49. I am so leading the life that I want and wanted and dreamed of as a kid. I’m trying very hard not to abuse it or take advantage of it. —Kevin Spacey
50. We really spend a lot of time building relationships. And so when everyone is like, ‘How do you break so many stories?’ it’s because I build relationships. I do it the old-fashioned way, and I build sourcing relationships, and then I take advantage of those relationships over time.
What do we mean by taking advantage of someone?
When you are assisting and treating kindly to anyone, and in return to your help, he is treating unfairly to you, then you can be sure that he is taking advantage of you. People can take advantage of someone’s talent, money, power, popularity etc. Most of the cases, they take advantage of maintaining a fake relationship with the person. The relationship is only for using that person.
How do they take advantage?
The people who take advantage of someone are very selfish. They use the person for their personal or economic interest. They generally use some sweet words to convince the person. Through their convincing and fake words, they make the person act as they need. People may take advantage of anyone in the disguise of a friend, lover, relatives etc. Generally, the people who are used to taking advantage of others do not care about their relationship with the person.
The impact of taking advantage of someone:
The effects of taking advantage are very deep on the victim. Taking advantage is one kind of treason with the person. After being betrayed by his dear friend, lover or any near one, the person will lose faith in any relationship. After knowing the truth, he’ll be demotivated to help others. Betrayal from the close relation is always a traumatic experience for any person. The victim goes through depression after the disclosure of the truth. The victim may also be violent and aggressive. Many victims take revenge for injustice.
How can we understand someone is taking advantage of us?
We have to be very careful in our way of life. Some people around us are wearing a mask. We may think of them as our well-wishers. But they have the motives to be good with you. When you notice someone is only fair to you when they need something from you, you can be sure that he is taking advantage of you.
How can we protect us from taking advantage of others?
In the case of our relationship, we have to be aware all the time. Of course, we’ll believe others. But it should have a limit. It should not be a blind belief. Blind belief often creates an opportunity for us to take advantage of us. We have to be conscious of the dimension of our relationships.