What is ‘Your Lie in April’ quotes?
‘Your Lie in April’ is a popular Japanese TV series. It’s a well-known Japanese ‘manga’ series or the comic series. This animated series’ main characters are Kousei Arima,
Tsubaki Sawabe, Kaori Miyazono, Ryota Watari, Takesi Aiza, Emi Igawa. The dialogues of these characters are known as the Your Lie In April Quotes. In this television series, we’ll find a lot of meaningful quotes.
Top 50 Your Lie in April Quotes:
1. “Was I able to live inside someone’s heart? Was I able to live inside your heart? Do you think you’ll remember me at least a little? You’d better not hit “reset!” Don’t forget me, okay? That’s a promise, okay? I’m glad it’s you, after all. Will I reach you? I hope I can reach you.”― Kaori Miyazono
“Maybe there’s only a dark road ahead. But you still have to believe and keep going. Believe that the stars will light your path, even a little bit. Come on… Let’s go on a journey!”― Kaori Miyazono
3. “Whether you’re sad, you’re a mess, or you’ve hit rock bottom, you still have TO PLAY! That’s how people like us survive”―Kaori Miyazono
4. “Spring will be here soon.
Spring, the season I met you, is coming.
A spring without you…
…is coming.”― Kousei Arima
5. “Everything you say and do…it all sparkles so brightly. It’s too blinding for me, and I end up closing my eyes. But I can’t help aspiring to be like you.” – Kousei Arima
6. “Mozart’s telling us from up the sky… “Go on a journey,” he’s saying.”― Kaori Miyazono
“Maybe…just maybe, the light can reach even the bottom of a dark ocean.”― Kousei Arima
8. “Music speaks louder than words.”― Kousei Arima
9. “For you, I am casting about for an excuse again.”― Kousei Arima
10. “Even though I’m bitter over losing, even though I’m depressed, even though my ankle hurts, and my eyes are smeared with tears…even though I’ve never felt worse…I wonder why the stars are sparkling like this.”– Tsubaki Sawabe
11. “Sure, I know that I have no right to be feeling this way. But I still don’t like it! I just don’t like it. We were always together. I was always by his side. During time of joy, and grief as well. But…I realize he’s far away from me now… I’m not by his side…there’s somebody else there.” – Tsubaki Sawabe
12. “Maybe there’s only a dark road up ahead. But you still have to believe and keep going. Believe that the stars will light your path, even a little bit.” – Kaori Miyazono
13. “So ephemeral and weak. But it’s shining with all its might. Thump, Thump, like a heartbeat. This is the light of life.” – Kaori Miyazono
14. “Was I able to live inside someone’s heart? Was I able to live inside your heart? Do you think you’ll remember me at least a little? You’d better not hit “reset!” Don’t forget me, okay? That’s a promise, okay? I’m glad it’s you, after all. Will I reach you? I hope I can reach you.” – Kaori Miyazono
15. “Such a cruel boy. Telling me to dream one more time. I thought I was satisfied because my dream had come true… And I’d told myself it was enough… Yet here you are, watering this withered heart again.” – Kaori Miyazono
“We’re all afraid, you know.. to get up on stage. Maybe you’ll mess up. Maybe they’ll totally reject you. Even so, you grit your teeth and get up on stage anyway.” – Kaori Miyazono
17. “Music is freedom.” – Kaori Miyazono
18. “If you can’t move with your hands then play with your feet! If you don’t have enough fingers, then use your nose as well. Whether you’re sad, you’re a mess, or you’ve hit rock bottom, you still have to play. That’s how people like us survive.” – Kaori Miyazono
19. “By exchanging notes, you get to know one another, to understand one another. As if your souls were connected and your hearts were overlapping. It’s a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words.” – Kaori Miyazono
20. “Setbacks are inevitable to superstars. Adversity is what separates the good from the great. After all, stars can only shine during the night.” – Watari Ryota
21. “It’s only natural for the girl you’re crushing on to be in love with someone else. Since you’re in love with her, she sparkles in your eyes. That’s why people fall so irrationally in love.”
– Watari Ryota
22. “We’re all connected. Just like the notes are intermittently connected. It’s shared by us all. Through music, with the people you know, with the people you don’t know, with all the people in this world.” – Hiroko Seto
23. “Defiance toward parents is an establishment of one’s self; it’s a sign of independence.”
– Hiroko Seto
24. “It’s not just allies who support each other. From your enemies, you learn so much and gain so much. Until the day you meet again… Just knowing they exist helps you to withstand the loneliness. Those who compete, even if they’re enemies, help each other out.” – Hiroko Seto
25. “As a musician, in the process of learning from a teacher, your differences breed a sense of discomfort which you should cherish. It’s because of those differences that we have individuality.” – Hiroko Seto
26. “When you say you “can’t hear the sound”, doesn’t it really mean you “aren’t restrained by the sound”? Rather than the sound you hear with your ears, an image inside you is boiling up from the depths of yourself and taking over without you even knowing. The sound inside, the landscape in your heart, your wishes, a sound loaded with your thoughts; didn’t you feel it, even for a moment? “Not being able to hear the sound.” That is a gift.” – Hiroko Seto
“This silence belongs to us… and every single person out there is waiting for us to fill it with something.” – Kousei Arima
28. “Spring will be here soon. Spring, the season I met you, is coming. A Spring without you…is coming.” – Kousei Arima
29. “Isn’t it funny how the most unforgettable scenes can be so trivial?” – Kousei Arima
30. “A lump of steel, like a shooting star. Just seeing the same sky as you makes familiar scenery look different. I swing between hope and despair at your slightest gesture, and my heart starts to play a melody. What kind of feeling is this again? What do they call this kind of feeling? I think it’s probably… called love. I’m sure this is what they call love.” – Kousei Arima
31. “Sure I’m okay. Because that’s how I was built, after all.” – Kousei Arima
32. “The piano is meant to be played like you’re embracing it, right?” – Kousei Arima
33. “You know, I discovered something. Everyone has something… Something deep inside their hearts. For some, it might have been enmity. For others, admiration. Wishes, a craving for the spotlight, feelings that one wants to deliver, feelings for one’s mother. Everyone was supported by their own feelings. I realize now that, perhaps, no one can stand alone on stage.” – Kousei Arima
“You’re like a cat. If I get close, you’ll ignore me and go far away. If I get hurt, you’ll play around to share the pain.” – Kousei Arima
35. “The more I concentrate, the more I get consumed by my performance. The sounds I play fade away from my reach, tangling up like flowers seized by the spring wind and vanish.”
– Kousei Arima
36. “Maybe… just maybe, the light can reach even the bottom of a dark ocean.” – Kousei Arima
37. “I practiced till I passed out. I gave my all. And if I still turned in a sloppy performance after all that, then… That’s who I am now. It’s the current me, playing with everything I’ve got.”
– Kousei Arima
38. “Music speaks louder than words.” – Kousei Arima
39. “You exist within springtime. A flourish of life unlike anything I’ve ever known.”
– Kousei Arima
40. “Because of music, I was given the chance to meet others.” – Kousei Arima
41. The boy I took for granted would always be my side, the boy I want to be by my side forever. I’m such an idiot.” – Tsubaki Sawabe
42. “What did you have in your heart? What did you lean on?” – Kaori
“One day in April, I met a really weird violist. Totally outrageous. Self-righteous. But the smile she shows to people, she is like angelic.” – Kaori
44. “I have no idea what lies ahead, but I’ve taken the first steps.” – Kousei
45. “This is the light of life.”- Kaori
46. “The music felt like April.”- Emi Igawa
47. “Only one person matters to me.”- Kousei
48. “I wish time would just stand still.” – Tsubaki Sawabe
“Ever since that day I met you, the world became colorful.” – Kousei
50. “You and I, we have music in our bones.” – Kaori
‘Your Lie in April’ Series:
The original Japanese name of ‘Your Lie in April’ is ‘Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.’ At first, we saw it in the magazine in 2011. It appeared in the magazine until 2015. The television adaptation of ‘Your Lie in April’ was created in 2014. ‘Your Lie in April’ is a romantic musical drama which is written by Naoshi Arakawa.
However, the TV series is written by Takao Yoshioka. Kyohei Ishiguro has directed this drama series. As it is a music drama, so the music of this series is significant. Masaru Yokoyama is the music composer of the music of ‘Your Lie in April.’
The storyline of the ‘Your Lie in April’:
Kousei Arima is the protagonist of this drama series, who is a famous child musician. After the death of his mother in his childhood, he was traumatized. Because of his traumatization, he could not hear the sound of his piano.
However, he stopped his career and started to live with two of his friends named Tsubaki Sawabe and Watari Ryota. Kousei meets another girl named Kaori Miyazono, who is the female protagonist of this series.
With the spirit of life, Kaori brings back Kousei from his trauma. Kousei returns to his career with the help of this girl. Kousei falls in love with Kaori. But Kaori says that she has feelings for Watari.
We find that Kaori was severely ill. She decides for serious surgery. She wanted to perform with Kousei. She knew that, if the operation fails, there is no hope for her life. She took the risk for her love for Kousei.
When Kaori was ill, Kousei used to inspire her. However, Kousei comes to know that, Kaori dies during her surgery. After the death of Kaori, all her truth reveals. Kousei learns about Kaori’s love for her.
Her feeling for Watari was a lie. She loved Kousei from childhood. She is involved in the music industry so that she can perform with her love.
The male protagonist of ‘Your Lie in April’ is Kousei Arima. He was a child musician. Natsuki Hanae gives the voice to this character. Kousei loved Kaori Miyazono, the female protagonist of this series. She loved Kousei from her childhood.
We find this character very sensitive. She never revealed her love for Kosei as she knew that she would die soon. Risa Taneda voiced for this character. We also find Tsubaki Sawaba and Watari Ryota, who are the friends of Kousei. We also find Emi Igawa, Saki Arima, Nagi Aiza, Koharu Seto, Hiroko Seto, etc.