Who was Jimmy Dean?
Jimmy Dean, this short name is more famous than his main name Jimmy Ray Dean. He is a multi talented person. He is at a time a singer, actor, TV host, and businessman. The genre Jimmy Dean sang was American Country Music. At one stage of his singing career, Jimmy Dean established a food company called Jimmy Dean sausage brand. He also played the role of spokesman for that company’s commercials.
He was also a tv personality. His tv career started in 1957 on CSB. Besides these activities, Jimmy Dean was a writer of quotes. His quotes are life-like and instructive. Jimmy Dean quotes have the ability to change people’s life.
Top 25 Jimmy Dean Quotes:
1. You gotta try your luck at least once a day, because you could be going around lucky all day and not even know it. — Jimmy Dean
2. Do what you say you’re going to do. And try to do it a little better than you said you would.— Jimmy Dean
3. I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination— Jimmy Dean
4. When I was a kid, I used to think, ‘Man, if I could ever afford all the ice cream I want to eat, that’s as rich as I ever want to be.’— Jimmy Dean
5. Sausage is a great deal like life. You get out of it about what you put into it.— Jimmy Dean
6. Poverty was the greatest motivating factor in my life.— Jimmy Dean
7. God is bigger than people think.— Jimmy Dean
8. Love is an ice cream sundae, with all the marvelous coverings. Sex is the cherry on top.— Jimmy Dean
9. A lot of things I am, and a lot of things I am not. But I think I’m about as good an American as there is. I love this country. It’s been very, very good to me. And it will be good to anybody if they are willing to give of themselves.— Jimmy Dean
10. I’ve seen so many people in this business that made a fortune. They get old and broke and can’t make any money. I tell you something… no one’s going to play a benefit for Jimmy Dean.— Jimmy Dean
11. The other day, I said I should write a song, ‘When Does the New Wear Off?’ I think it would be a helluva title.— Jimmy Dean
12. I was a hard-workin’ little boy. Oh, I worked. Pullin’ cotton, shockin’ grain, cuttin’ wheat, loadin’ wheat, choppin’ cotton, cleanin’ chicken houses, milkin’ cows, plowin’.— Jimmy Dean
13. I went further on less talent than anyone, but I was a damned good entertainer.— Jimmy Dean
14. Nobody, man or woman, has ever wrecked a good marriage.— Jimmy Dean
15. I’m exactly where I want to be – we live out here on the James River outside Richmond. I have three ponds, and we catch the biggest, most beautiful bass you’ve ever looked at in your life.— Jimmy Dean
16. I made more money yesterday than I ever thought I’d make in an entire lifetime. But it’s like somebody’s going to take it all away from me and I’ll be back in Texas, installing them damned irrigation wells. I didn’t like that when I was sixteen. And I know I wouldn’t like it when I’m eighty.— Jimmy Dean
17. My favorite song? ‘Amazing Grace.’ Anybody singing it. But the best it’ll ever be done is by the Scottish National Pipe band and their National Orchestra. It’ll bring tears to your eyes.— Jimmy Dean
18. I think the kids in school that laughed at the clothes that we wore and the house that we lived in, and then my mother had to cut hair… I think that was a good motivator. Every time they laughed at me, they just built a fire, and there was only one way to put it out – to try and show ’em I was as good as they were.— Jimmy Dean
19. I was a hard-workin’ little boy. Oh, I worked. Pullin’ cotton, shockin’ grain, cuttin’ wheat, loadin’ wheat, choppin’ cotton, cleanin’ chicken houses, milkin’ cows, plowin’.— Jimmy Dean
20. I loved music since the Seth Ward Baptist Church outside of Plainview.— Jimmy Dean
21. I loved music since the Seth Ward Baptist Church outside of Plainview.— Jimmy Dean
22. I don’t want anything seventy-thirty. Fifty-fifty’s always good enough for me.— Jimmy Dean
23. Being a Baptist won’t keep you from sinning, but it’ll sure as hell keep you from enjoying it.— Jimmy Dean
24. You know you’re getting old when you go to more funerals than you do weddings.— Jimmy Dean
25. Being a nice guy is detrimental to actors. When I first came to Hollywood, everyone was nice to me. Everyone thought I was a nice guy.— Jimmy Dean
I better know how to take care of myself. — Jimmy Dean
Jimmy Dean Biography:
The biography of people helps us to know about him very well. Jimmy Dean biography provides huge information about his life and work. Let’s know about Jimmy Dean’s biography.
Jimmy Dean Early Life
The early life of Jimmy Dean is not much known to people and he also never gave any idea about his childhood. But some sources inform that Jimmy Dean was a music lover from his early age.
His second wife taught him how to play the piano. His birthplace is in Lamb County in West Texas. He was born in 1928. In his early life, Jimmy Dean served the United States Air force. These are the information available about Jimmy Dean’s early life.
Jimmy Dean Education
The educational life of Jimmy Dean is also not known to us. We just know that he left his education to be a professional entertainer. He did not attain higher education in his life. Jimmy Dean just studied high school level education. He mainly left his high school education to be a professional entertainer.
Jimmy Dean Career
Jimmy Dean started his entertainment career with singing. He has many hit songs in that time. After that Jimmy Dean started hosting a program on the radio. His radio program name was Town and Country Time. After this time, Jimmy Dean continued his career. Later he performed many other shows and he sang many famous country music. His career gave him the most popularity in his life.
Why should we follow Jimmy Dean?
Jimmy Dean has many things to follow. He is a good musician. His music is mostly American folk. His love for folk and the root of the song genre teaches us many things. Now people expect everything modern. Love for modern is not bad but without caring about folk and past, we should not love the modern trends.
This is the teaching of Jimmy Dean from his music choice. “Without formal education, one person can shine in life”. This saying get’s a practical reflection on the life of Jimmy Dean. He shows us the way that you can be successful without a formal education but you have to be self-educated. Quotes of Jimmy Dean also have a very valuable impression on our life. If Jimmy Dean quotes can be followed properly, then it would be easy for us to get motivation and instruction in life.
The person with multiple talents Jimmy Dean has a valuable impression on his followers. He teaches people in many ways. Jimmy Dean quotes are one of such ways that teaches people very important things.