Are you thinking about who is this renowned guy? Well, Peter Pan is not a person. He is a fictional character. The famous Scottish playwright, J. M. Barrie, has created this popular character. This fictional character grows the interest of the audience with his free-spirit and his excellent characteristics. The Peter Pan character enjoys a never-ending childhood. He has the enormous ability to fly. We get astonished to observe his adventure in the fictional fantasy islands.
Time passes, but the age of this character remains the same. The Peter Pan character is renowned not only for his extraordinary features but also for his knowledgeable quotes. We know Peter pan is a character who is not grown up. With his experience, he gives us some valuable excerpts about life, growing up, bravery, dreams, etc. To learn about this character, you may go through the Peter Pan quotes.
50 Peter Pan Quotes :
Peter Pan quotes about flying :
Previously we have mentioned that Peter Pan can fly. He uses this blessing to see different islands. We may observe that Peter Pan’s character has expressed his opinion about various serious issues.
He also remarks about his ability to fly. If you read Peter Pan quotes about flying, you may learn that he reveals his flying inspirations. He says if a person doubts his ability, then he cannot achieve his goal. According to Peter Pan, if anyone wants to fly, he should have faith in himself that he can fly.
“All it takes is faith and trust, oh! and something I forgot: dust.” – Peter Pan, Disney
2. “Wendy, Wendy, when you are sleeping in your silly bed you might be flying about with me saying funny things to the stars.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
3. “Jack, Maggie, all you have to do is think one happy thought, and you’ll fly like me.” – Peter Banning, Hook
4. “In time they could not even fly after their hats. Want of practice, they called it; but what it really meant was that they no longer believed.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
5. “I’ll teach you how to jump on the wind’s back, and then away we go.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
6. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” – J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan
7. “Now, think of the happiest things. It’s the same as having wings!” – Peter Pan, Disney
8. “All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
9. “Second star to the right and straight on ’til morning.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Peter Pan quotes about adventure :
We know that the Peter Pan character is a carefree boy who has the ability to fly. He enjoys his excellence in flying to his adventurous purposes. Peter Pan is also blessed with permanent childhood. He gets an enormous time to meet up with his adventurous thirst. We find him taking adventures on the islands of Neverland. He visits there as the leader of many boys who was lost. You’ll see this idea on Peter Pan quotes about Neverland.
“Keep adventuring and stay not a grown-up.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
11. “Would you like an adventure now, or would like to have your tea first?” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
12. “Children have the strangest adventures without being troubled by them. For instance, they may remember to mention, a week after the event happened, that when they were in the wood they had met their dead father and had a game with him.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
13. “I don’t want to go to school and learn solemn things.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
14. “Dark and sinister man, have at thee.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
15. “To die will be an awfully big adventure.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
16. “You don’t think I would kill him while he was sleeping! I would wake him first and then kill him. That’s the way I always do.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Peter Pan quotes about fairies :
We have seen that Peter Pan takes adventure to different islands. In the islands, he meets with many fancy characters like fairies, mermaids, pirate, etc. He also met with the Native Americans and the ordinary boys in his adventure. By observing his quotes, we find his remarks about the fairies. He relates the smile of the children with the fairies.
“Fairies have to be one thing or the other because being so small they, unfortunately, have room for one feeling only at a time.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
18. “When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
19. “You’re a… you’re a complex Freudian hallucination having something to do with my mother and I don’t know why you have wings, but you have very lovely legs and you’re a very nice tiny person and what am I saying, I don’t know who my mother was; I’m an orphan and I’ve never taken drugs because I missed the ’60s, I was an accountant.” – Peter Banning, Hook
20. “Firefly from hell!” – Peter Banning, Hook
21. “Fairies don’t live long, but they are so little that a short time seems a good while to them.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
22. “Oh my God, I think I killed it.” – Peter Banning, Hook
Peter Pan quotes about growing-up :
Though Peter Pan is a boy, he has experienced more than the grown-up people. As a person, the Peter Pan character is young, but he has experiences like adults. With enjoying the never-ended childhood, he gathers his experiences of life. So, his thinking and his personality are quite matured. You may find his maturity and knowledge to go through Peter Pan quotes about death and life. From Peter Pan quotes, meaning of life will be clarified to you.
23. “Don’t grow up. It’s a trap.” – Peter Pan, Disney
“Go on! Go back and grow up! But I’m warning you, once you’re grown up you can never come back.” – Peter Pan, Disney
25. “Think of all the joy you’ll find when you leave the world behind and bid your cares goodbye.” – Peter Pan, Disney
26. “Come with me, where dreams are born and time is never planned.” – Peter Pan, Disney
27. “I came to listen to the stories.” – Peter Pan, Disney
28. “Forget them, Wendy. Forget them all. Come with me where you’ll never, never have to worry about grown-up things again.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
29. “If growing up means it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I’ll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
30. “Never is an awfully long time.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
31. “It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
32. “Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.” – Peter Pan, Disney
33. “When there’s a smile in your heart, there’s no better time to start.” – Peter Pan, Disney
34. “Oh, no. To live… to live would be an awfully big adventure.” – Peter Banning, Hook
35. “You’re not old enough to shave! What are you doing with a sword? And flying around… this is an insurance nightmare!” – Peter Banning, Hook
36. “What is this, some sort of Lord of the Flies preschool? Where are your parents? Who’s in charge, here?” – Peter Banning, Hook
37. “No! No, Mr. Skunkhead with too much mousse. You are just a punk kid. I want to speak to a grown-up!” – Peter Banning, Hook
38. “One girl is worth more than twenty boys.” – Peter Pan, Disney
39. “All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again.” – J.M. Barrie , Peter Pan
40. “Absence makes the heart grow fonder… or forgetful.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
41. “I remember you being a lot bigger.” – Peter Banning, Hook
42. “I bet you don’t even have a fourth-grade reading level.” – Peter Banning, Hook
43. “You lewd, crude, rude, bag of pre-chewed food, Dude.” – Peter Banning, Hook
44. “I’m not a pirate. It so happens I am a lawyer.” – Peter Banning, Hook
45. “Oh, Rufio, why don’t you just go suck on a dead dog’s nose?” – Peter Banning, Hook
46. “You killed Rufio, you kidnapped my children. You deserve to die.” – Peter Banning, Hook
47. “Don’t mess with me man, I’m a lawyer!” – Peter Banning, Hook
48. “Wow. Brad, hi! You been holding this long? Uh-huh. I’m incredible. Yeah, Neverland. Uh-huh. Lost Boys. Jim Hook, duel to the death. I’ll fill you in later. Listen, I’d love to chat, but I gotta climb a drain pipe right now. Why? Because I ran out of fairy dust, if not I would’ve flown up.” – Peter Banning, Hook
49. “You are a very ill-mannered young man. Do you know that?” – Peter Banning, Hook
“It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness.” – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Peter Pan is the representation of escapism. He symbolizes youthful Innocence. The adventures and the knowledgeable excerpts of Peter Pan encourage and inspire his audiences. With his quotes, he inspires us to be positive in our life. Even with his logic, he reduces the horrifying vision of death. He compares death to a long adventure. Peter Pan quotes make us enthusiastic about our life.