Art is an integral part of life and many people find it to be a beautiful and amusing release for their thoughts and creativity. There are countless artists and works throughout history that have made people laugh and think, but there are some quotes that we just can’t forget. “Creativity can be thought of as ‘seeing what nobody else sees.'” – Dr. Tony Wu, Artist.
“If you really want to make art your business, don’t.
50 Best Funny Art Quotes
1. “A work of art is above all an adventure of the mind.” – Eugene Ionesco
2. “Great thoughts reduced to practice become great acts.” – William Hazlitt
3. “Art is more important than the artist – have no attachment to your own art. It is regressive, move on.” – Shah Rukh Khan
4. “Why do two colors, put one next to the other, sing? Can one really explain this? no. Just as one can never learn how to paint.” – Pablo Picasso
5. “We don’t make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.” – Bob Ross
6. “I am not an inventor. I steal everything.” – Anne Bogart
7. “We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas.” – Steve Jobs
8. “There’s a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.” – Oscar Levant
9. “It’s better to create something that others criticize than to create nothing and criticize others.” – Ricky Gervais
10. “I was studying to be an architect, I wasn’t plotting to join the movies. Films were just another career option. I took acting up with the same schoolgirl enthusiasm I had for examinations. Acting is a job and I take it very seriously.” – Aishwarya Rai
11. “I thought art was a verb, rather than a noun.” – Yoko Ono
12. “Art is a way of survival.” – Yoko Ono
13. “Bus stops are far more interesting and useful places to have art than in museums.” – Banksy
14. “The Earth without art is just eh.” – Unknown
15. “Artists are just children who refuse to put down their crayons.” – Al Hirschfeld
16. “Flirting is the gentle art of making a man feel pleased with himself.” – Helen Rowland
17. “Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.” – Don Marquis
18. “The critic has to educate the public; the artist has to educate the critic.” – Oscar Wilde
19. “They strive to improve society through art is like applying talcum powder in order to cure an advanced Goitre.” – Dr. Kyaciss Pfiell
20. “A fool’s brain digests philosophy into folly, science into superstition, and art into pedantry. Hence University education.” – George Bernard Shaw
21. “Cut your ear off and you’re a kook. Paint a picture of yourself with your ear cut off and you’re an artist. Go figure.” – Unknown
22. “Art flourishes where there is a sense of adventure.” – Alfred North Whitehead
Funny Painting Quotes
Laughter is the best medicine, so why not use it to help your pain? Here are some of the funniest painting quotes that will make you smile.
“I was born with a paint brush in my hand.”- Michelangelo
“Painting is easy when you don’t know how, but very difficult when you do.”- Pablo Picasso
“Art is either plagiarism or revolution.
23. “My paintings are not about what is seen. They are about what is known forever in the mind.” – Agnes Martin
24. “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.” – Henry Ward Beecher
25. “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art…it has no survival value; rather, it is one of those things that give value to survival.” – C.S. Lewis
26. “Chess is the Art of Analysis.” – Champion Mikhail Botvinnik
27. “Chess is too difficult to be a game and not serious enough to be a science or an art.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
28. “Chess is everything – art, science, and sport.” – Karpov
29. “What do you think an artist is? An imbecile who only has eyes, if he is a painter, or ears if he is a musician, or a lyre in every chamber of his heart if he is a poet, or even, if he is a boxer, just his muscles? Far from it: at the same time he is also a political being, constantly aware of the heartbreaking, passionate, or delightful things that happen in the world, shaping himself completely in their image. How could it be possible to feel no interest in other people, and with a cool indifference to detach yourself from the very life which they bring to you so abundantly? No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war.” – Pablo Picasso
30. “I think that the older I get and the more comfortable I get with myself, the more I realize that art is about relinquishing control of your emotions and being vulnerable and innocent.” – K.D. Lang
Funny art critique quotes
There are many things that are funny, but it is always entertaining to see what people think about the art world. It is always great to laugh about our daily lives and what we do in it. One thing that makes for a great laugh is the quotes people say about the art world. These quotes show how much thought there is put into critiques and how they sometimes can be ridiculous. In the following, we have gathered some of the best funny quotes from critics and artists.
31. “Look. Art knows no prejudice, art knows no boundaries, art doesn’t really have judgement in it’s the purest form. So just go, just go.” – K.D. Lang
32. “Rules and models destroy genius and art.” – William Hazlitt
33. “I just wanna make the world a better-looking place. If you don’t like it, you can paint over it!” – Banksy
34. “All art is quite useless.” – Oscar Wilde
35. “The fact I myself do not understand what my paintings mean while I am painting them does not imply that they are meaningless.” – Salvador Dalí
36. “The secret of my influence has always been that it remained secret.” – Salvador Dalí
37. “What is originality? Undetected plagiarism.” – William Ralph Inge
Funny art student quotes
Funny quotes from art students can be found all over the internet. Some students will paint their entire bodies and lay on the ground as a canvas for their work, some will create elaborate sculptures out of random objects, while others will make their own clothes to wear to school. For some students, art is not just what they do during class; it’s what they live for. Read these quotes to see how an art student sees the world.
Funny quotes of the day
If you’re looking for some interesting quotes to read, then look no further. Here are some funny quotes of the day.
38. “Artists are just children who refuse to put down their crayons.” – Al Hirschfeld
39. “Treat a work of art like a prince. Let it speak to you first.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
40. “An artist is a sort of emotional or spiritual historian. His role is to make you realize the doom and glory of knowing who you are and what you are.” – James Baldwin
41. “The Achilles heel of an artist lies in the hope that his art is good.” – Kapil Gupta
42. “I’m not performing miracles, I’m using up and wasting a lot of paint.” – Claude Monet
43. “Mom, I just really need to focus on my art right now.”
44. “All art is quite useless. So is a flower.” – Oscar Wilde
45. “An artist’s career always begins tomorrow.” – James Whistler
46. “Good artists copy, great artists steal.” – Pablo Picasso
47. “Art is anything you can get away with.” – Andy Warhol
48. “People say graffiti is ugly, irresponsible and childish… but that’s only if it’s done properly.” – Banksy
49. “We tell people sometimes: we’re like drug dealers, come into town and get everybody absolutely addicted to painting. It doesn’t take much to get you addicted.” – Bob Ross
50. “There are three responses to a piece of design: yes, no, and wow.” – Milton Glaser
“If people would just look at the paintings, I don’t think they would have any trouble enjoying them. It’s like looking at a bed of flowers, you don’t tear your hair out over what it means.” – Jackson Pollock
“As my artist’s statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.” – Calvin
“You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
“If art doesn’t make us better, then what on earth is it for?” – Alice Walker
“A work of art has no importance whatever to society. It is only important to the individual.” – Vladimir Nabokov
“Art is Art. Everything else is everything else.” – Ad Reinhardt
“Forget yourself. Become one with eternity. Become part of your environment.” – Yayoi Kusama
“The creative union of the conscious with the unconscious is what one usually calls ‘inspiration.” – Leon Trotsky
I Would never have taken up painting if women did not have breasts.” – Pierre Auguste Renoir
“Artists are people driven by the tension between the desire to communicate and the desire to hide.” – Donald Winnicott
“When their backsides look good enough to slap, there’s nothing more to do.” – Peter Paul Rubens“Bring my umbrella – I am going to see John constable’s pictures.” – Henry Fuseli Click To Tweet
“A picture is worth a thousand words – particularly if you can’t read.” – Harry Hershfield
“They couldn’t find the artist so they hung the picture.” – Frank Zappa
“I couldn’t have that painting hanging in my home. It would be like living with a gas leak.” – Dame Edith Evans
“If you understand a painting beforehand, you might as well not paint it.” – Salvador Dalí
“Art is too serious to be taken seriously.” – Ad Reinhardt
“I believe in general death but in the death of Dalí absolutely not.” – Salvador Dalí
“Use the creative process – singing, writing, art, dance, whatever – to get to know yourself better.” – Catie Curtis
In conclusion, we hope that we have provided you with some of the most funniest art quotes or sayings that are sure to capture your imagination.
So, if you are looking for a little inspiration, please take a few moments to browse through our list of quotes and sayings.
We hope that these words of wisdom will offer you some solace in your time of need or give you something new to think about!
Please feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll include it in the best funny art quotes collection!