Who is Jeanne Moreau?
Jeanne Moreau is a famous name in France. She was an actress and director. Jeanne Moreau has another identity i.e. she is a singer and screenwriter too. She started her acting career in the Comédie-Française in 1949. After that, Jeanne Moreau acted in a lot of movies.
Some of her famous movies are “Seven Days… Seven Nights”, “Viva Maria!”, “The Old Lady Who Walked in the Sea” etc. As an actress, Jeanne Moreau has had the most popularity and success. As an actress, has a huge number of awards and honors. Besides acting, Jeanne Moreau has the ability to think about life and its problems. From her thoughts, Jeanne Moreau delivered some quotes to her fans. Jeanne Moreau quotes are very realistic in that they can change people’s lives who follow these quotes.
50 Jeanne Moreau Quotes:
1. To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude. — Jeanne Moreau
2. Life is given to you like a flat piece of land and everything has to be done. I hope that when I’m finished, my piece of land will be a beautiful garden. — Jeanne Moreau
3. I shall die very young…maybe seventy, maybe eighty, maybe ninety. But I shall be very young.— Jeanne Moreau
4. One thing you have to give up is attaching importance to what people see in you.— Jeanne Moreau
5. Something pretty… that’s just the surface. People worry so much about aging, but you look younger if you don’t worry about it.— Jeanne Moreau
6. Knowing how to die is knowing how to live. What is death anyway? It’s the outcome of life.— Jeanne Moreau
7. If you get trapped in the idea that what is most important is what image of yourself you’re giving to the world, you’re on a dangerous path.— Jeanne Moreau
8. It’s a fantastic thing to take the risk of getting so close to your desire, expressing your obsession so absolutely.— Jeanne Moreau
9. Aging gracefully is supposed to mean trying not to hide time passing and just looking a wreck. Don’t worry girls, look like a wreck, that’s the way it goes. — Jeanne Moreau
10. I don’t feel guilt. Whatever I wish to do, I do.— Jeanne Moreau
11. I don’t like going where I’ve already been. Life is a myriad of territories to discover. I don’t want to waste time with what I already know.— Jeanne Moreau
12. My aim in life is not to judge.— Jeanne Moreau
13. To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.— Jeanne Moreau
14. To be free means to choose, whose slave you want to be. — Jeanne Moreau
15. As long as you don’t make waves, ripples, life seems easy. But that’s condemning yourself to impotence and death before you are dead.— Jeanne Moreau
16. The life you had is nothing. It is the life you have that is important.— Jeanne Moreau
17. I have always had the urge to open forbidden doors: with a curiosity and an obstinacy that verge on masochism.— Jeanne Moreau
18. To give and receive love, you have to be in touch with pain, you have to be capable of provoking it and feeling it.— Jeanne Moreau
19. For me it’s not possible to forget, and I don’t understand people who, when the love is ended, can bury the other person in hatred or oblivion. For me, a man I have loved becomes a kind of brother.— Jeanne Moreau
20. If you want to live your life through to the end, you have to live dangerously.— Jeanne Moreau
21. You don’t have to be a wreck. You don’t have to be sick. One’s aim in life should be to die in good health. Just like a candle that burns out.— Jeanne Moreau
22. Although for some people cinema means something superficial and glamorous, it is something else. I think it is the mirror of the world.— Jeanne Moreau
23. Every night I go over what I did in the day, in ethical or moral terms. Have I treated people properly? Did I tell the truth?— Jeanne Moreau
24. People’s opinions don’t interfere with me.— Jeanne Moreau
25. In making dinner for a friend, don’t forget the love.— Jeanne Moreau
26. I can’t belong to groups. I’ve tried. I behave normally, but people don’t look at me normally.— Jeanne Moreau
27. It’s dangerous to assert oneself.— Jeanne Moreau
28. I think more and more people want to live alone. You can be a couple without being in each other’s pockets. I don’t see why you have to share the same bathroom.— Jeanne Moreau
29. nothing is more like truth than a lie, don’t you find?— Jeanne Moreau
30. Beyond the beauty, the sex, the titillation, the surface, there is a human being. And that has to emerge.— Jeanne Moreau
31. Being an actress is to be in tune with the fantasies of a man. What woman never dreamt of that?— Jeanne Moreau
32. If you’re extremely, painfully frightened of age, it shows.— Jeanne Moreau
33. To me age is a number, just a number. Who cares?— Jeanne Moreau
34. I need, absolutely, to be alone.— Jeanne Moreau
35. When I’m acting, I’m two beings. There’s the one monitoring the distance between myself and the camera, making sure I hit my marks, and there is the one driven by this inner fire, this delicious fear.— Jeanne Moreau
36. We have so many words for states of mind, and so few words for the states of the body.— Jeanne Moreau
37. During rehearsals I am confronted by things very mysterious. I have terrific fights with inner demons, and it’s more painful than it ever was.— Jeanne Moreau
38. You should not separate your life from what you do.— Jeanne Moreau
39. It’s this subconscious part of me that knows just how far to go, and suddenly, everything bursts into flames.— Jeanne Moreau
40. All fiction becomes autobiographical when the author has true talent.— Jeanne Moreau
41. Why should we stop living because some people try to kill what is left of energy in ourselves?— Jeanne Moreau
42. Nostalgia is when you want things to stay the same. I know so many people staying in the same place.— Jeanne Moreau
43. Some gods may cross your path, but why should gods be beautiful? They could also be frightening.— Jeanne Moreau
44. The cliche is that life is a mountain. You go up, reach the top and then go down.— Jeanne Moreau
45. Women will not talk about football unless one of them is in love with a football player, and then suddenly you discover that they know everything that is to be known about it.— Jeanne Moreau
46. My face has changed with the years and has enough history in it to give audiences something to work with.— Jeanne Moreau
47. You’re responsible for yourself as an actress, you know that your personal growth goes through that alchemy, and you give as much importance to your life as you do to your acting.— Jeanne Moreau
48. Some people are addicts. If they don’t act, they don’t exist.— Jeanne Moreau
49. I work more now because at this time of my life I am not disturbed from my aim by outside pressures such as family, passionate relationships, dealing with ‘who am I?’ – those complications when one is searching for one’s self.— Jeanne Moreau
50. My life is very exciting now. Nostalgia for what? It’s like climbing a staircase. I’m on the top of the staircase, I look behind and see the steps. That’s where I was. We’re here right now. Tomorrow, we’ll be someplace else. So why nostalgia?— Jeanne Moreau
Jeanne Moreau Biography:
Jeanne Moreau’s biography will give us a very clear idea about her life, education, and work. So, let’s know about her biography.
Jeanne Moreau Early Life
Jeanne Moreau was born on 23 January 1928. Her parents’ names are Katherine and Anatole-Désiré Moreau. Her mother was a dancer. That nature of her mother affected her and inspired her to be an actor. Jeanne Moreau is a person who witnessed the devastation of the 2nd world war. The bad effect of that war also affected her life. For world war ii, Jeanne Moreau’s family moved to Paris. This changed her life in numerous ways.
Jeanne Moreau Education
As I already said that the world war ii affected the life of Jeanne Moreau. For that same reason, She had to move to Paris and her schooling also stopped. But when she got a chance to restart her study, she did not do that. In that time Jeanne Moreau started learning and practicing acting. But many years later, Jeanne Moreau started her study again. Now she studied at Conservatoire de Paris.
Jeanne Moreau Career
The acting career of Jeanne Moreau started in 1947. At this time Jeanne Moreau acted in theater. But her debut in film was two years later in 1949. After getting success in acting, Jeanne Moreau decided to direct some movies. And she directed 3 movies. But she was not so famous in this section. She achieved a huge number of awards for her acting.
Why Should We follow Jeanne Moreau?
People will follow someone if that person has a good personality and some good qualities. If a person has good quality, then people will follow him for these qualities but if a person doesn’t possess anything to follow or take from him then people will not follow him or her.
Jeanne Moreau has some special qualities to follow. She loves comedy and most of her movies are comics. Her love to make people laugh is a good side of her. This can be followed. Jeanne Moreau is also a very good actress. She could play a lot of roles very accurately. We can follow her for her acting mastery. Jeanne Moreau quotes also can be followed. Because these quotes can change our life.
I don’t want to say anything special about Jeanne Moreau except her quotes. Her movies become old-fashioned but her quotes are evergreen. I personally want to suggest Jeanne Moreau quotes to you.