Who was Abraham Lincoln?
Table of Contents
Among the most famous American presidents, Abraham Lincoln is on the top. He is known as the survivor of America from being apart. In the time of civil war, he led the country very well.
He saved the country from being apart. Abraham Lincoln is also known for his great decision to abolish the slave system from the country. Besides being the 16th president of America, Abraham Lincoln was a lawyer and also a social worker or reformer.
This great leader of America has a huge number of quotes. His every speech is famous because they have a massive number of instructions for the American citizens and also for human beings. Abraham Lincoln Quotes are thought to be the guide for an American citizen in political life.
50 Abraham Lincoln Quotes:
Abraham Lincoln quotes on life
1. I am a slow walker, but I never walk back. ― Abraham Lincoln
2. Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.― Abraham Lincoln
3. When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion. ― Abraham Lincoln
4. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.― Abraham Lincoln
5. The best way to predict your future is to create it. ― Abraham Lincoln
6. Human action can be modified to some extent, but human nature cannot be changed. ― Abraham Lincoln
7. My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.― Abraham Lincoln
8. I would rather be a little nobody, then to be an evil somebody. ― Abraham Lincoln
9. Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and the tree is the real thing. ― Abraham Lincoln
10. Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be. ― Abraham Lincoln
11. Tact: the ability to describe others as they see themselves. ― Abraham Lincoln
12. I do the very best I know how — the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end. ― Abraham Lincoln
13. He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help. ― Abraham Lincoln
14. I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice. ― Abraham Lincoln
15. No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar. ― Abraham Lincoln
16. That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well. ― Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln quotes on leadership
17. Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. ― Abraham Lincoln
18. My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure. ― Abraham Lincoln
19. Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.― Abraham Lincoln
20. I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.― Abraham Lincoln
21. You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.― Abraham Lincoln
22. Whatever you are, be a good one.― Abraham Lincoln
23. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.― Abraham Lincoln
24. Adhere to your purpose and you will soon feel as well as you ever did. On the contrary, if you falter, and give up, you will lose the power of keeping any resolution and will regret it all your life.― Abraham Lincoln
25. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other thing.― Abraham Lincoln
26. I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.― Abraham Lincoln
27. Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.― Abraham Lincoln
28. Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.― Abraham Lincoln
29. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.― Abraham Lincoln
Funny Abraham Lincoln quotes
30. If you call a dog’s tail a leg, how many legs does it have? — Four, because calling a tail a leg doesn’t make it one.― Abraham Lincoln
31. It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.― Abraham Lincoln
32. There are no bad pictures; that’s just how your face looks sometimes.― Abraham Lincoln
33. Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.― Abraham Lincoln
34. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.― Abraham Lincoln
35. Honestly, if I were two-faced, would I be showing you this one?― Abraham Lincoln
36. No matter how much cats fight, there always seems to be plenty of kittens.― Abraham Lincoln
37. I have come to the conclusion never again to think of marrying, and for this reason, I can never be satisfied with anyone who would be blockhead enough to have me.― Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln quotes on education
38. I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.― Abraham Lincoln
39. abraham-lincoln-quote-prepare-day-will-come― Abraham Lincoln
40. I will prepare and someday my chance will come.― Abraham Lincoln
41. That everyone may receive at least a moderate education appears to be an objective of vital importance.― Abraham Lincoln
42. Every head should be cultivated.― Abraham Lincoln
43. Upon the subject of education, not presuming to dictate any plan or system respecting it, I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people can be engaged in.― Abraham Lincoln
44. The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.― Abraham Lincoln
45. When I came of age I did not know much. Still somehow, I could read, write, and cipher to the Rule of Three…. The little advance I now have upon this store of education, I have picked up from time to time under the pressure of necessity.― Abraham Lincoln
46. I will prepare and someday my chance will come.― Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln quotes on democracy
47. Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.― Abraham Lincoln
48. Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves.― Abraham Lincoln
49. Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth.― Abraham Lincoln
50. As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.― Abraham Lincoln
Elections belong to the people. It’s their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters.― Abraham Lincoln
Money will cease to be master and become the servant of humanity. Democracy will rise superior to the money power.― Abraham Lincoln
I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being.― Abraham Lincoln
What I want is to get done what the people desire to have done, and the question for me is how to find that out exactly.― Abraham Lincoln
Let every American, every lover of liberty, every well wisher to his posterity, swear by the blood of the Revolution, never to violate in the least particular, the laws of the country; and never to tolerate their violation by others.― Abraham Lincoln
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.― Abraham Lincoln
No man is good enough to govern another man without the other’s consent.― Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln Biography:
The birthplace of Abraham Lincoln is Hodgenville, Kentucky. He was born on 12 February 1809. The parents’ name of this great leader is Thomas Lincoln and Nancy Hanks Lincoln.
In his childhood, Abraham Lincoln’s family moved to many places for different reasons. Abraham Lincoln lost his mother at an early age.
After the death of his mother, Abraham Lincoln had to work hard on his father’s farm but personally, he did not like to do so tiring things every day.
Abraham Lincoln was mostly self-educated. He did not get time to take formal schooling because he helped his father on his farm during the time of schooling.
Some said that he took only 12 months of schooling in his entire childhood. But Lincoln read a huge number of books in his childhood and youth.
In the list of his read books, there was Robinson Crusoe, The Pilgrim’s Progress, and many other famous books and story collections.
Actually, politicians do not have any profession. As a political person, Abraham Lincoln’s career is enviable. He became the president of America and led the country with mastery.
For his achievements in politics, we also search his name on the internet and read about him even after 150 years of his death.
Why should we follow Abraham Lincoln?
This great precedent of America left a lot of ideologies to follow. We can follow Abraham Lincoln for his great leadership and mentorship. Abraham Lincoln taught us how to maintain a hard situation and how to lead a country or a party in a time of crisis moment like a civil war.
Abraham Lincoln shows us the way to treat all people. He never discriminated against white and black people. He introduced the term Emancipation Proclamation to make the slavery system abolished in America.
The Gettysburg Address of this president was also a kind of instructive speech where he paved the way to make America better again.
We all can follow him but the politician should learn many things from him. He can be the best example of a perfect leader of modern politics to follow.
Abraham Lincoln is not a name only, he is an ideology, an example of best politics and also he is a great figure even today. Abraham Lincoln’s quotes are life-changing after so long of their deliberation.