If you are looking for some inspiration for your next romantic candlelit dinner, look no further than these quotes. Whether you are looking to set the mood with some poetry or just want to add a little romance to your conversation, Romantic Candle Light Dinner Quotes are sure to do the trick.
Top 50 Romantic Candle Light Dinner Quotes
1. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Gautam Buddha
2. “Be gentle with me, new love. Treat me tenderly. I need the gentle touch, the soft voice, the candlelight after nine. There’ve been so many who didn’t understand so give me all the love I see in your timid eyes but give it gently Please.” – Rod McKuen
3. “Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.” – Anne Frank
4. “I love to watch the fine mist of the night come on, The windows and the stars illumined, one by one, The rivers of dark smoke pour upward lazily, And the moon rise and turn them silver. I shall see The springs, the summers, and the autumns slowly pass; And when old Winter puts his blank face to the glass, I shall close all my shutters, pull the curtains tight, And build me stately palaces by candlelight.” – Charles Baudelaire
5. “My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends – it gives a lovely light!” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
6. “You don’t need candlelight and fireside glow to make Christmas happen. Trees, ornaments, gifts, and all of it are splendid embellishments. Not necessary, but so very nice. It’s Him…It’s priceless to discover the pleasure of His company…May your home know something of all this glory during these days.” – Jack W. Hayford
7. “I’m big on taking the lady out to dinner. We have some candlelight romance every now and then. And our whole family is within a 6-mile radius. It’s disgustingly domestic. I’m big on Costco.” – Dave Grohl
8. “Light the candle of love. Spread the rays of happiness in every direction in every breath.” – Amit Ray
9. “There is no evil and there are no evil forces in the world. There are only people of awareness, and there are people who are fast asleep – and sleep has no force. The whole energy is in the hands of the awakened people. And one awakened
10. “I watched her die many times. In my way, not in hers. In sunlight, in shadow, by moonlight, by candlelight. In the long afternoons when the house was empty. Only the sun was there to keep us company. We shut him out. And why not? Very soon she was as eager for what’s called loving as I was – more lost and drowned afterwards.” – Jean Rhys
11. “Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.” – Henny Youngman
12. “I don’t know how to be sexy on a date. Put up a camera and a wind machine, and I’ll give you sexy. Put me at a dinner table with some candlelight and the moon shining in and, oh, I will give you dork.” – Tyra Banks
Candle Light Dinner Funny Quotes
Dinner by candlelight is always a special occasion. Whether it is a romantic dinner for two or a festive gathering with family and friends, the warm glow of candles creates an inviting atmosphere. While enjoying a delicious meal, it is also fun to share some funny quotes about candles and dining by candlelight.
13. “Funny you mention my dinner parties when I have just suggested that inviting close friends over to share a meal with candlelight and wine at your table could be a form of religious experience for some people. To me it’s a form of sacrament.” – Sally Quinn
14. “We owe a lot to Thomas Edison – if it wasn’t for him, we’d be watching television by candlelight.” – Milton Berle
15. “It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest.” – Adam Smith
16. “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton
17. “Candlelight and red wine? I don’t know. Vulnerability catches me off guard every single time.” – Madi Diaz
18. “I always wanted to get married with just candles! I think candlelight is the most beautiful light there is and there’s something very spiritual about it.” – Nicole Kidman
Dinner With Special Someone Quotes
Dinner is a special time to share with someone you love. These dinner quotes capture the perfect way to describe how important this time is.
The best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.” This quote from author and activist Alice Paul sums up the importance of dinner in a relationship. A home-cooked meal is a gesture of love and care, and it can be a way to connect with your partner after a long day.
19. “I will be waiting by candlelight in our tree house of the mind.” – Joe Hill
20. person can awaken the whole world. One lighted candle can make millions of candles lighted without losing it’s light.” – Rajneesh
21. “There’s more, much more, to Christmas Than candlelight and cheer; It’s the spirit of sweet friendship That brightens all year. It’s thoughtfulness and kindness, It’s hope reborn again, For peace, for understanding, And for goodwill to men!” – Calvin Coolidge
22. “Marriage is more about snore strips and flannel nightgowns than candlelight dinners.” – Barbara Bartlein
23. “The colors that show best by candlelight are white, carnation, and a kind of sea-water green.” – Francis Bacon
24. “We owe a lot to Thomas Edison – if it wasn’t for him, we’d be watching television by candlelight.” – Milton Berle
25. “Funny you mention my dinner parties when I have just suggested that inviting close friends over to share a meal with candlelight and wine at your table could be a form of religious experience for some people. To me it’s a form of sacrament.” – Sally Quinn
26. “Work a great deal at evening effects, lamplight, candlelight, etc. The intriguing thing is not to show the source of the light but the effect of the lighting.” – Edgar Degas
27. “Once, lovers on faraway shores sat by candlelight and dipped ink to parchment, writing words that could not be erased. They took an evening to compose their thoughts, maybe the next evening as well.” – Mitch Albom
28. “Life would be no better than candlelight tinsel and daylight rubbish if our spirits were not touched by what has been.” – George Eliot
29. “Don’t bring a candlelight vigil to a gunfight.” – David Burge
30. “I was brought up in a very open, rural countryside in the middle of nowhere. There were no cell phones. If your lights went out, you were lit by candlelight for a good four days before they could get to you. And so, my imagination was crazy.” – Juno Temple
31. “From candlelight to early bedtime, I read.” – Thomas Jefferson
32. “I lived by the candlelight for two years because I couldn’t afford power. It was nice and romantic at the time, but if you can’t afford power you’re pretty broke. You endure it.” – Jeremy Renner
33. “As a child, I felt that Hallowe’en was a time when creatures of the night suddenly came to life – we would turn off all the lights in the house and let flickering candlelight conjure up scary shadows and create the effect of imaginary figures lurking in dark corners.” – Pippa Middleton
34. “I often think I am a better person because I lived for many years of my life with a flashlight. I have developed skills I didn’t think were possible – bathing with a cup of water by candlelight, for instance, and writing a story with a headlamp on.” – Janine di Giovanni
35. “Once in awhile, right in the middle of ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.” – J.B. Jeffrey
36. “Every candle deserves great respect because they light us by burning their bodies and destroying themselves!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
37. “What distinguishes a candle from other lights is that it appeals to our soul, not our eyes!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
Anniversary Dinner Quotes
Whether you are toasting to a milestone anniversary or simply celebrating another year together, these anniversary dinner quotes will help set the mood for a lovely evening. Choose your favorite quotation below and use it to adorn your invitations, decor, menu, or even your wedding cake. After all, every great love story deserves a beautiful quote to go along with it.
38. “All great change In America begins at the dinner table.” – Ronald Reagan.
39. “Real love Is not based on romance, candle light dinner and walks along the beach. In fact, It Is based on respect, compromise, care and trust.” – Unknown
40. “In the end like so many beautiful promises In our lives, that dinner date never came to be.” – Haruki Murakami
41. “When you hear romantic music It makes you want to take your girl out to dinner or buy her something or take her out In the moonlight or take her on a walk.” – Robert Sylvester Kelly
42. “I like doing something romantic with a girl on valentine’s day like making her dinner and keeping it simple the more quality time the better.” – Spencer Blodman
Candle Light Dinner With Friends Quotes
Candle light dinner with friends quotes are the perfect way to add some romance to your evening. Whether you are enjoying a quiet meal for two or celebrating a special occasion with close friends, these quotes will set the mood and help you create lasting memories. Choose from our collection of famous, heartwarming, and funny candle light dinner quotes below to get started.
43. “Dinner Is a great first date. Don’t believe that stuff about girls not wanting to eat on a first date- sharing a romantic meal Is so sexy.” – Carmen Electra.
44. “If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will always write. I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.” – Henry Rollins
45. “Oh, if I had had a friend at this moment, a friend in an attic room, dreaming by candlelight and with a violin lying ready at his hand! How I should have slipped up to him in his quiet hour, noiselessly climbing the winding stair to take him by surprise, and then with talk and music we should have held a heavenly festival throughout the night!” – Hermann Hesse
46. “A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.” – Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
47. “Would you have your hand back, Eugenides? And lose Attolia? And see Attolia lost to the Mede?’ Eugenides’s eyes were open. In front of his face the floor was littered with tiny bits of glass that glittered in the candlelight. ‘You have your answer, Little Thief.” – Megan Whalen Turner
48. “Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.” – Elinor Glyn
49. “Counting stars by candlelight all are dim but one is bright; the spiral light of Venus rising first and shining best, from the northwest corner of a brand-new crescent moon crickets and cicadas sing a rare and different tune.” – Robert Hunter
50. “It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
51. “I don’t think I am a traditional romantic who thinks about candlelight dinners and wonders if my husband is going to bring me flowers, though I’m delighted if he does. I’m more practical-minded. I find it incredibly romantic that my husband does the dishes.” – Nora Roberts
Finally, adding a romantic touch to your dinner with some candle light and quotes can really set the mood. It doesn’t have to be anything over the top, just a few simple details can make a big difference. So, if you’re looking to add a little romance to your next dinner date, try out these quotes and see how they work for you.